The Sewing Place

Singer 401G

KayK

Singer 401G
« on: January 03, 2020, 12:07:45 PM »
Well blow me, if I haven't gone and sold it within minutes of it appearing on a facebook site! It has now been posted off to its new owner!

I shall put this on the sales page as well, but I am now selling my Singer 401G.  I am having a cull of machines, too many and now not enough space for them!

This machine is immaculate inside and out, and sews like a demon.  It has lovely balanced stitches, five extra cams for more decorative stitches, and a whole range of feet, including a walking foot, ruffler foot, free motion foot, clear foot, and zip foot. It has its original accessories case and handbook, but it does have a new foot pedal and plug to comply with today's regulations.  It runs smoothly and accurately, and I only wish they made machines like it now.

As it is all metal (apart from the bottom which comes off if you wish to put it in a table) it is very heavy - just a warning!

It never had a case when it was in my ownership.  I would prefer collection, but will post if necessary.  I am asking £125 for it.

These are a real workhorse and collectors item! 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 16:08:13 PM by KayK »
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Wychall

Re: Singer 401G
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 19:57:46 PM »
They certainly are in demand. Last week I bought one, refurbed it to sweetness, then sold it again for a tidy profit, all in just over the week. After I had siphoned off the bits I needed that is  :devil:
Present 'garage' contains 2 x 28K hand crank, 99K hand crank, 66K hand crank, 66K treadle, 201K treadle, 99K electric, 416, 6104, 401G, Futura 1000, Innovis NV1250 and a Jones CS treadle. New arrival Brother XE1 Stellaire
www.wychallembroidery.com