The Sewing Place

Bluprint Sale

Acorn

Bluprint Sale
« on: January 03, 2020, 18:30:40 PM »
They seem to be keeping it a bit quiet, but Bluprint are offering 60% off up to two Bluprint-exclusive items.  The code is NEWYEAR but it got added to my basket automatically anyway.

I played around to see what counted, and everything I tried got the discount.  That means I ended up with 40 good quality FQs (2 packs of 20) for £63 - including P&P to the UK.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Marniesews

Bluprint classes free to view unti 7th January!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 23:29:06 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this elsewhere (I saw Acorn's post about the sales) butworth repeating here. I must try not to do what I did last time and realise afterwards that I'd wasted time watching a class I'd forgotten I'd already bought.   ><
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

Re: Bluprint classes free to view unti 7th January!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »
I saw it mentioned elsewhere.  I am having trouble getting the free content on my desktop, but not on my mobile.  :(

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 08:20:17 AM »
@UttaRetch I believe you've mentioned elsewhere about having an older PC with older browser on it. I can look at Bluprint, the main pages, but not view a darn think. If I try to click on a class, no response. Plays perfectly on my tablet. Tablet is brand spanking new 2019 with latest Android. Computer is the old back up one, running on Windows XP and the most recent Chrome browser and player that will work on it. Netflix stopped working on it too. Some fancy websites are non-responsive as well.

Since I have the tablet now I went ahead and subscribed end of December during the sale.
Technology has passed us by for some things.

We also like having a desk top, big keyboard, big screen, so I'm thinking that's Christmas 2020 solved.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:22:20 AM by Renegade Sewist »
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm using an ancient iMac. 

The problem I am having with Bluprint is that all classes are supposedly FREE until 7 January, but everything I click on is only showing a preview.  ><  It's no biggie, though, as there is plenty of good free content elsewhere

Renegade Sewist

Re: Bluprint Sale
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 08:38:16 AM »
I'd gotten an e-mail about the sale but wasn't quite tempted. Only because I ordered at 11:30 PM on the 31st before their big 70% off sale ended at midnight.  :toast:  :) I didn't buy much, haven't bought before, wanted to see the quality. But I also subscribed the day before, so got the members extra 15% off and free US postage.

I bought 3 yards and 2 charm packs, enough for a throw front & back, of this. The yardage is 2 of that dark bold floral and one of the dusty tone on tone toile. It came to $16.44 USD, 12.56GBP

It's actually the first time I've bought all the fabric for any sort of p & q all at once.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ellabella

Re: Bluprint Sale
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 09:53:22 AM »
I succumbed to the sale sometime in Dec and got 12 months membership.

I used to watch a lot of Craftsy years ago but didn’t bother when it stopped working on my Kindle.

I’ve watched lots Of Bluprint recently on the iPad and have been pleasantly surprised, a lot of it is very useful. Trying to learn Portuguese knitting now.

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 13:56:35 PM »
The problem I am having with Bluprint is that all classes are supposedly FREE until 7 January, but everything I click on is only showing a preview.  ><

I had the same problem but I went back & forwards a few times & it seems to have resolved itself.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.