Any YouTube channels aimed at men?

Deafoldbat

Re: Any YouTube channels aimed at men?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 19:16:15 PM »
 @Sew What? You could also look at https://mansewing.com/

Sew What?

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2020, 21:05:32 PM »
@Sew What? What kind of things do you have in mind? I would think that if you put a search in for a specific project - say, crossbody bag - you'll find plent of tut's. Think gender fluidity  0_0

@Mick made a fab tool roll  ;)

It was more for ideas than anything else, if I knew what I wanted to make I know I could find a tutorial somewhere.

Sew What?

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2020, 21:08:13 PM »
I sew using my hands, foot and a sewing machine.  :sew:  :)

I don’t think our reproductive organs are relevant to being able to sew well or how much enjoyment you might get from sewing, but maybe I’m wrong on that one?  :S

No,but we all have different ideas. Men and women have a different perspective and a lot of the time have different ideas. It wasn’t a case of “I want to learn from a man because I’m a man”

Sew What?

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 21:09:45 PM »
@Sew What? You could also look at https://mansewing.com/

He was the first one I found on YouTube.Didnt know he had a website so I’ll check that out too. Thanks

snoozi soozi

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 21:52:28 PM »
Are you interested in making garments for yourself? There are loads of good patterns of simple makes to get you started.

Or how about quilting?

NeilM

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 16:09:05 PM »
Yup theirs very few for men but that has not stopped me, What is important is using the sewing machine and learning stitches and techniques, basically the same no matter what garment. So I watch the "Women's" attire videos and take the technique I need to transfer.

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 16:15:12 PM »
Off the top of my head Brian Sews (although I don't think he posts any more), but the old stuff is good.  Male Pattern Boldness, I dip in now and again.  The Sewing Guru, is an English bloke, lots of good stuff, although a lot you have to pay for. 

Hope these help.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.