The Sewing Place

Saturday, 4 January

UttaRetch

Saturday, 4 January
« on: January 04, 2020, 08:08:28 AM »
It's a clear, but slightly frosty morning.

My trip to John Lewis yesterday paid off since I have decided to buy their 'own brand' blinds.  Someone is coming out this morning to measure up and I should have a new roller blind in seven days.  :D
What goes around comes around.

justpottering

Re: Saturday, 4 January
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 08:15:37 AM »
Morning everyone why is it that when you are on holiday the time whizzes by faster than a whizzy thing?

We’re off home today going via South Wales to see dad as we’ll be ‘passing’  :) he’ll be surprised to see DH as he hasn’t seen him all year! Having said that he’ll be surprised to see me too as he will have forgotten that he saw me just before Christmas  0_0

Last bit of collecting things up and packing them in the car and we’re off, just need another cuppa first  ;)

Have good days all whatever you get up to
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 09:09:37 AM »
G'morning just waiting for the OH to 'get ready' get off the toilet then we're doing the  :woof: walk.

I started and almost finished making an apron y/day, a birthday pressie for my bestie. Her birthday is mid-Feb but I never leave things too late  8)  I'm v chuffed with myself as it has kick-started my motivation and have tentatively made a short project list  :)

Have a good day all

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 09:50:32 AM »
A bright morning, but wafty.

After a day of no plans yesterday, which ended up going to M&S Food Hall in the morning and out down to Freiston Shore with the woofbags in the afternoon, today is another day of no plans...
I really ought to carry on trying to get rid of more crap stuff out of the spare bedroom, and possibly go to the tip.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 11:39:32 AM »
Morning all.  Dry but dull here.
DH is out all day.  I’ve cleared the ironing pile and cleaned the shower.  Dinner is in the freezer so the day is mine.  Coffee time now and catching up here.
Have a good day all.

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 12:00:46 PM »
Gosh, it's nearly the afternoon.  I've spent most of this dismal morning burying thread ends in my quilt.
I don't normally make new year resolutions but I have decided that I am not going to pick up DH's things to put in the washing machine.  If it's in the laundry basket that's fine but if it is in a heap elsewhere it can stay there.  The socks, pants and T shirt on the bathroom floor have been there since new year's day and it will be interesting to see how long they remain - anyone want to have a wager?  :)  I've had these stand offs before and I know it is completely one sided and I am waging a lone battle because I am fully aware that when he passes them walking in and out of the bathroom he doesn't even notice that they are there.  I'm also cutting off my nose to spite my face because it annoys me intensely but doesn't even register on his radar.
I've spent the last 3 mornings quilting my quilt and the last 3 afternoons excavating the garden with a hand trowel to remove a 21 year old blackcurrant bush - I managed to finish them both yesterday.  I hope to be able to get my fruit cage erected before too long.

I'm just going with the flow today as I have most of the day to myself.  Have a good afternoon all.
Life's too short for ironing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 13:10:22 PM »
@Ploshkin you're right, it will only increase your frustration and your DH is none the wiser.

This time last year I announced to my OH that I was giving myself a few days off as I'd been running around cooking and looking after everybody over Christmas as per.

My intention was for him to take over making tea and doing the tidying up and cleaning in my place. He didn't. As far as he was concerned I had gone on strike and he proceeded to look after himself only. Kind of backfired on me  :S

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 13:23:18 PM »
I'm still feeling a bit crappy but determined to overcome it so I've started by beginning a couple of new threads on here and completing a couple of dark side projects so I have something to post about  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kad

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 13:29:02 PM »
Gosh, it's nearly the afternoon.  I've spent most of this dismal morning burying thread ends in my quilt.
I don't normally make new year resolutions but I have decided that I am not going to pick up DH's things to put in the washing machine.  If it's in the laundry basket that's fine but if it is in a heap elsewhere it can stay there.  The socks, pants and T shirt on the bathroom floor have been there since new year's day and it will be interesting to see how long they remain - anyone want to have a wager?  :)
A newly married friend of mine, (youngest daughter of 7 children), did not pick up after her DH , ( an only son), his discarded clothing remaining on floors of various room until he literally ran out of fresh clothes for work on the morning of his yearly appraisal. He learnt that lesson the hard way, although he did then have to learn to unroll the sleeves of his shirts before putting them in the laundry basket as she ironed them with the sleeves rolled up as they were  0_0
Not so much patchwork as personal dressmaker to DD

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 13:40:52 PM »
Poo, I'll have to rethink the day/night roller blind I wanted as I can't justify the £287.98, but I will go back to John Lewis to see if I can find a fabric that will make the blind cheaper.

Ploshkin

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 13:55:25 PM »
Yes, @Kad   When my DH wore shirts for work he always took them off with one sleeve inside out.  I just stuffed them in the washing machine & tumble drier like that and hung them back in the wardrobe (I don't iron).  He never mentioned it, probably didn't notice.  This is the man who once went out with the wire coat hanger still in the back of his jacket and only noticed when it dug into his neck.
Life's too short for ironing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 14:00:12 PM »
T'Other Half always puts his t-shirts and jeans out for washing inside out on purpose (I think his Mummy taught him, and he always did what his Mummy told him  0_0 ).  He gets them back exactly the same way.

Edit:  Obviously I don't do ironing either  0_0 0_0

FloBear

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 14:02:58 PM »
@Ploshkin  You could clear up DH's stuff into a large poly bag and dump it next to the bed where he can step over it every time he gets in to bed. Or put in on the driver's seat of one of his 'Pride and Joys' - he might notice it then  :D

Mr Bear did my head in this morning. He'd previously decided to open a second bag of my ground coffee when the first was only half used. I sellotaped the second bag shut and wrote in Large Red Letters 'Do not use'. I put it at the back of the freezer and put the one to be finished at the front. Yesterday, with me standing by, he managed to use the first bag. Today while I was elsewhere he must have reached over the first bag, rummaged around, found the taped-up bag ripped open the sellotape, ignored the Red Letters and used the second bag.
Not a major crime in the scheme of things but Really????  >:)

Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!

UttaRetch

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 14:06:24 PM »
No jury of women would convict.

FloBear

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 14:11:13 PM »
For occasions like these I used to have a Dalek smiley that blasted things into oblivion but sadly, the emoticoner site fell out of the www and I can no longer 'exterminate'  :o
Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!