The Sewing Place

Seven major looks for 2020

Catllar

Re: Seven major looks for 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 18:43:10 PM »
Love the tangerine stuff. Good to know my late Dad's old gardening hat is back in fashion!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BajaSusana

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »
Well the Day-Glo colors Referred to as fluoro In the article are a lot of fun. I can see using those colors in a print or as an accent or an accessory but those colors would make my Olive skin really sallow!
How many of you remember the vinyl clothing of the 60s  in Day-Glo colors?
It is always interesting to see how couture looks are translated into ready to wear.
Those bucket hats belong in a bucket! There is  nothing attractive about them. I think the rope belt done in lovely light upholstery braid would be a lot of fun. My father was in the Coast Guard auxiliary and he taught me about tying knots. When macramé was popular he was really good at it!
I’m not too thrilled with disco collars. Collars and cuffs became really exaggerated in the late 60s early 70s and I don’t think I like that throwback look.
Thank you @UttaRetch for the peak at the second coming of the Roaring 20s.
Actually I expected to see more of a Gatsby look in clothing this decade and a nod to art deco art nouveau but we’re not seeing that!

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
Not going to work on me in the main - I can't wear anything towards yellow, so that green, the oranges and the eggy tones are right out.  The mauve, on the other hand, is bang on.

Also, am seriously considering retiring this year so formal suits and jackets need not apply  0_0

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 12:13:04 PM »
Actually I expected to see more of a Gatsby look in clothing this decade and a nod to art deco art nouveau but we’re not seeing that!
@BajaSusana, maybe they don't readily translate into wearable pieces, but the silhouette doesn't suit my busty, blown hourglass anyway.