The Sewing Place

Hello

Amaranth

Hello
« on: April 29, 2017, 21:15:05 PM »
I was an occasional user of TSF, I have been sewing since childhood.  ( now 50s) I'm usually found sewing for my favourite charity, I alter and fix stuff for sons and husband.  I make things to wear for me.  I love up cycling fabric. I quilt a bit.  I also knit, crochet, embroider and cross stitch as well as full time work.  So a busy bee but aren't we all.  Four machines an industrial Juki, a quilting Juki, a really old west German Pfaff who vee had since new and a singer overlocker.

Vegegrow

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 21:19:46 PM »
Welcome to the sewing Place Amaranth grab yourself a :drink: or a :toast: and have a wander round
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lantana

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 22:55:01 PM »
Welcome Amaranth! Sounds like you'll be wandering around all the sections tape measure round your neck and scissors in hand! :)

Lantana  :vintage:

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »
Welcome from me too.  The forum is a small thing, but our own and we love it.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 09:29:39 AM »
Hi from me too, welcome to our happy little band.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 17:00:44 PM »
Hi Amaranth – a pretty flower but a worrying name... :o

You've got an interesting mix of machines there so I wonder if you've found your way to the vintage machine section yet?

My Viking from the 70s gave up the ghost with shock I think when I forced her back into service on my retirement. I bought an expensive Pfaff computerised machine which is big and clever but not lovable like the old machines so I filled the gap with an old mechanical Bernina (only late 80s though) who is now my favourite pet and I do insist on calling her a mechanical (mostly) although she does have an electronic foot on providing a needle up/down facility (mk1 bionic).

I'm surprisingly fond of my overlocker and coverstitcher too – perhaps that's because they're mechanicals too. I really don't look forward to the computerisation of those in the near future. I'm not a Luddite by any means but my mechanicals feel like an extension of myself in a way that the fancy Pfaff doesn't – it's much cleverer than me for a start!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 10:51:24 AM »
Hi and welcome from me too! :flower:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 22:13:01 PM »
Hello - and welcome!