The Sewing Place

WANTED: Sewing World magazine March 2016

Vezelay

WANTED: Sewing World magazine March 2016
« on: January 08, 2020, 08:25:34 AM »
I don't suppose anyone still has their copy somewhere? I'm specifically looking for the reversible padded  gilet pattern that came with it. I even have the instructions so just need the pattern. Happy to pay postage etc. Thanks.

SewRuthieSews

Re: WANTED: Sewing World magazine March 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 17:10:33 PM »
Maybe? I could have a look in the sewing room.....

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 17:31:28 PM »
Yes please :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 17:33:36 PM »
Ah I see the instructions are online here
https://www.bobbinsnbuttons.co.uk/reversible-padded-gilet-world-magazine/

but the downloadable sheets are not on the SW website for that issue
https://www.sewingworldmagazine.com/news/article/2016-pattern-sheets/24421

The image doesn't ring any bells with me I have to admit.

Elnnina

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 15:41:12 PM »
Hello Vezelay, I have a copy of this pattern in my hand right now!!!!  It is a trace off pattern which I am happy to do for you, it comes in three sizes so which size would you like me to trace?, sizes are  12, 14 and 16.
If you can let me know, I will hopefully get this done during the next few days.

Must say it looks like a nice gilet - something I have in mind to make as I seem to live in a fleece gilet at the moment, and as this has  princess seaming just my type.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Elnnina

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 15:59:55 PM »
Vezelay I should have added that this pattern supplement  was folded up very small measures 20x14cm so could have easily got caught up in something else.  The front cover of the supplement is edged in a slate blue colour and has pictures of 6 items from the magazine - just thought I would mention it - so think how the paper patterns we buy i.e. Vogue/McCalls etc. and the way the instruction sheet is folded - this supplement is just like that and that sort of size.  The later supplements seemed to be much bigger - more or less magazine size.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 17:44:14 PM »
Phew, Hurrah for Elnnina, I don't have that issue.
Enjoy the gilet.

Vezelay

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 20:52:15 PM »
Brilliant @Elnnina  :). Size 12 please - I'm sure I can adjust a bit smaller if I need to.  You are very kind, thanks. I'll PM you my address and you can let me know how much to send you via Paypal Friends.

annieeg

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 10:06:46 AM »
@Elnnina @Vezelay
I really like the princess seaming on the gilet -  its a really nice pattern. 0_0
Annie

StitchinTime

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 10:48:33 AM »
For anyone wanting a similar pattern, I've found the following gilet patterns with princess seaming:
New Look 6251
Burda 6337
Kwik Sew 4254
Kwik Sew 3813

Vezelay

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 12:45:45 PM »
I already made View A of Simplicity 1499 a while back and it gets a lot of wear (in fact I'm wearing it today) so am currently making another, probably in View B to use up some of the fleece fabric I bought for Christmas neck warmers. If anyone is thinking of making it I went down two sizes.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The one in the magazine will be my first ever reversible garment - and it has buttons - and is quilted, so I decided that I needed that pattern. 

Elnnina

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 16:56:26 PM »
Vezelay, will be posting tomorrow.  Hope this doesn't take too long to arrive.

Vezelay

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 20:40:00 PM »
Thank you @Elnnina :). UK post takes 4 or 5 days. No rush as I need to order the wadding and buy fabric before I start. And make a toile first to check the fit. And get my head round the instructions. I do rather like the chambray and coordinating fabric shown in the magazine (as per @SewRuthieSews ' link above).

Elnnina

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 17:10:55 PM »
Vezelay the envelope is on its way to you.  Now you mention that you like the fabric that the original was made in.  At the end of the instructions for making this is a bit about the stockist details, but I would think it doubtful that after all this time that the exact fabric would still be around but you never know.  You could always go looking at the website.

Vezelay

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 00:04:07 AM »
@Elnnina I went looking online yesterday and found some mid blue chambray close to home (well not that close but the same country :)). Once I have that I can hunt down a co-ordinating pattered fabric.     And some lightweight (2oz?) wadding.

Trouble with me is I want to make everything at once!