The Sewing Place

WANTED: Sewing World magazine March 2016

annieeg

Re: WANTED: Sewing World magazine March 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 09:20:37 AM »

Trouble with me is I want to make everything at once!

@Vezelay I know that feeling ! 0_0

Vezelay

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
Postman has just delivered my pattern, beautifully traced by @Elnnina :loveit:. I have very little sewing time this week but at least I will organise the fabric and wadding and make a start soon when life quietens down. Exciting! :)

Elnnina

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 10:52:15 AM »
So glad that the tracing has arrived safely Vezelay, I shall look forward to seeing what fabrics you choose and watching your progress,  By the way it was a pleasure to be able to help you out.

annieeg

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 08:06:20 AM »
Following the discussion on the gilet, princess seaming etc etc, I attach a pic of Butterick B5359 which I have just finished!
https://www.sewessential.co.uk/misses-vest-butterick-sewing-pattern-5359?gclid=CjwKCAiAjrXxBRAPEiwAiM3DQuy5vFyt_YJEqunqpGexE04uZoN6aZlXGJ5nof_NRUYDbAGqRGhvuhoCPTMQAvD_BwE

I made view A using a scrap of linen mix I had in my stash.  (@Elninna I think this is one of the patterns you suggested.)  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
The back of the waistcoat was too short so I added a panel at the bottom and had to use a scrap  which had an odd white stitching through the selvege and I didn't have enough fabric to avoid using it.  Thus the back inside has a  white line running through the hem. I overlocked all the seams in white (deliberately) so the panel piece at the back has a white stitching on the inside also, as does the hem. 
I really like the shape of the front seaming and the pockets which makes it really comfortable to wear.
Can't remember what size I used (probably XL) and its quite generous.
Photo below.