The Sewing Place

Adding Photos as Attachments - for Subscribers

Acorn

Adding Photos as Attachments - for Subscribers
« on: January 08, 2020, 14:36:08 PM »
If you are a subscriber you can upload photos directly to your post.

• When you are making a post, click on the + sign labelled 'Attachments and other options' underneath the posting box.
  • Then click on 'Browse', underneath the heading 'Attach:' and find the file on your computer.
  • You can then click on 'Insert attachment', and the picture (or the coding that will become the picture) will appear where your cursor is in the post.
  • If you want to add further pictures you MUST click on '(more attachments)' first, or you will overwrite the first picture.  Then go through the same process of clicking on 'Browse', finding the file, inserting the attachment etc.

If you want the image to appear smaller in your post you can add 'width=500' (or another number) inside the bit of code for embedding the photo, like this (attachment width=500 id=0 msg=153208)  (but with square brackets).

If you are not a subscriber you can still add photos that are elsewhere on the internet (for instance by using an image hosting site).  Click on the little picture icon in the second row of icons above the smilies, then post the url when asked.

The same applies to reducing the size, should you want to - add 'width=500' to the first img tag, ie (img width=500)  (the brackets will be square).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:52:20 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Flobear

Re: Adding Photos as Attachments
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 16:56:14 PM »
Brilliant, thank you Acorn.
I will read and inwardly digest.
The hosting site I use has limited options for sizing so it's useful to know how to choose the size.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

hernibs

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 22:02:21 PM »
Me too - can you upload from a phone?

I'm going to print your instructions out and paste into my very important book of information...... the one which cannot be done without.

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 22:24:11 PM »
I am honoured... and ever so slightly scared...  :|

As long as the photo is saved somewhere so that you can browse to it when you add it as an attachment you should be OK.

I should say that I am severely technologically challenged when it comes to phones, but other people do seem to do it!

hernibs

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 22:24:11 PM »
Printed it all out and now ready to have a go.....

So what delights can I upload....hmmmmm - this one is especially for Tamnymore......

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sorry no idea how to rotate....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 22:28:47 PM by hernibs »

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 22:27:36 PM »
The sideways thing often happens.  Fran gave an excellent explanation as to why on this thread.

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 22:56:48 PM »
The Diamond - and a lovely day too! Thank you @hernibs .
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 07:54:34 AM »
I have my own method that works every time.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 09:53:21 AM »
Please share @UttaRetch!

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 14:11:33 PM »
I think I have shared this on another thread about attaching/uploading photos using LunaPic, but see below:

1.   Save your picture to your computer desktop (or somewhere you can find it easily).
2.   Use the Browse folder in Lunapic to find the image you want to upload.
3.   You will see that you have options to crop, scale or rotate.  If the image is large, pick scale and reduce.
4.   APPLY the resultant new size.
5.   Scroll to the bottom for the Save options and click on Imgur.
6.   Copy everything in the Image URL window and use the link to repost the image using the picture icon in reply.

I use LunaPic mostly from my computer and there is no app.  It's also good for editing pictures found on the web, for example, resizing or cropping.

It's a bit long winded, but don't even have to thing about the steps now.

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 14:23:15 PM »
Thank you.   :)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 16:10:07 PM »
"What goes around comes around." And around.
 Must have taken a photo wrong way up with the phone camera. Even though I have turned it right way, saved it and reloaded the new copy into my post, it insists on being wrong way up.  Not trying again.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m