The Sewing Place

Tidying the workroom

toileandtrouble

Tidying the workroom
« on: January 09, 2020, 14:00:30 PM »
 One of OH's hobbies is electronics, especially  for hi-fi and he has lots of tools, both DIY size and miniature.  Years ago I made a tool roll for the big spanners and so on, which does help contain them.
Last year he was lamenting having to 'make do' with wrong sized tools for the tiny stuff. I found a full set of miniature spanners, both open end and ring sorts, online. They are not very strong, but they don't need to be.  I also made a mini tool roll to keep them in, which stops them getting scattered all over. 
After recent posts, I wanted to share pictures, but the whole roll had gone AWOL.  Well, now it has resurfaced, at least it was easy to recognise in the  pile!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]       [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
He also wants one for screwdrivers (once he has collected them all together)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 14:44:27 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

sewingj

Re: Tidying the workroom
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 15:31:30 PM »
I made something similar - but not so clever - from felt, to house some posh cutlery to stop it getting scratched rattling about in the drawer. I`ve got separate rolls for knives, forks etc etc.
Sadly I don`t have the means to write on the felt so mine have just got cardboard labels tied to each one saying what is inside.

(Incase you are wondering - no we don`t use the posh cutlery very often and I`m not too sure why we bought it)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 18:32:43 PM by sewingj »

toileandtrouble

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 17:29:18 PM »
@sewingj  Does your machine do lettering? I used my Pfaff Q4
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 18:31:55 PM »
@toileandtrouble  sadly no - it's pretty basic! And my hand sewing isn't neat enough!

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 08:43:18 AM »
This is a job that keeps smacking me in the eye whenever I poke my head into ' the S/A/C/W/S room ' but I dont think im quite desperate enough yet!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again