The Sewing Place

Innovis NV1250

Wychall

Innovis NV1250
« on: January 10, 2020, 21:06:29 PM »
Hi Folks. I'm planning the purchase of a Brother Innovis Nv1250. Is anyone able to persuade me not to? It will be my first dabble with embroidery. I know it's a combined sewing machine but I don't need that functionality as I already have a dozen or so sewing machines kicking about. So is the 1250 worth having just for the embroidery function?
Present 'garage' contains 2 x 28K hand crank, 99K hand crank, 66K hand crank, 66K treadle, 201K treadle, 99K electric, 416, 6104, 401G, Futura 1000, Innovis NV1250 and a Jones CS treadle. New arrival Brother XE1 Stellaire
www.wychallembroidery.com

Iminei

Re: Innovis NV1250
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:05:06 AM »
May I offer you just the tiniest bit of advice or rather my opinion ??

I firmly believe in having the best machine for the job.

For me personally that means The Splurgess (Atelier7) for my sewing and quilting needs as I believe Janome make excellent sewing machines (in my price bracket)

and Elvistoo (Briother V3) for my embroidery needs as I believe Brother make excellent embroidery machines.

I could have gone for the V7 ( at another £k !!!) to combine the sewing/embroidery into just one machine but why?

What I guess I'm trying to say is why have a combined machine (and paying the extra) if you already have a sewing machine that you are happy with???

If you have a dedicated machine for embroidery you can be getting on with sewing while it chunters along .. once you have sated your appetite for watching hypnotised as it does its stuff that is!

Having just googled the 1250V I see its been discontinued but has a very decent embroidery area which is the only other bit of advice I could give you ... that I would go for a minimum embroidery area of 7 x 5 (inches).

Im new to embroidery but cant envisage wanting any other machine now I have upgraded from the old Elvis (Brother 750E). Elvistoo has a huge EA but Ive yet to use the largest hoops that came (as a promotion) with him and have in fact invested in a 7 x 5 hoop which is an excellent and very manageable size ....

Hope that helps you.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:40:34 AM »
I'd second Imi with perhaps not getting a combined machine, unless you are very short of space, although as this machine is now discontinued, maybe if you are getting it for a very good price...

It only took me just over a year to realise I wanted a bigger embroidery area than 7" x 5", and thus buying my Brother V3.  But they are the price of a second hand car, which is ridiculous really... but much more fun of course  0_0

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:45:50 AM »
It only took me just over a year to realise I wanted a bigger embroidery area than 7" x 5", and thus buying my Brother V3.  But they are the price of a second hand car, which is ridiculous really... but much more fun of course  0_0

At least you don’t have to tax, MOT and insure them every year!  ;)

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »

If you have a dedicated machine for embroidery you can be getting on with sewing while it chunters along .. once you have sated your appetite for watching hypnotised as it does its stuff that is!

Sorry but I thought this was so funny, I had a vision of myself nose to the fabric watching it work and doing nothing else, just waiting while it finished. :P
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:21:28 AM »
@Iminei and @Bodgeitandscarper ...a combination would take up less space. Some of us don't live in tardises  :P
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kenora

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 11:40:34 AM »
I don't have space for a dedicated embroidery machine so I've just bought the embroidery module for my Bernina 7 series. I do have another sewing machine which I can use while it does it's stuff. :)

I mostly want to use mine for quilting which will be quite time consuming.

I've heard that Brother make excellent embroidery machines though so hopefully you're getting a good deal.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Celia

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 15:07:52 PM »
I have just got the Husqvarna topaz 40 as space to use the machine is my biggest need. It is a combined machine but I too have another sewing machines I can use while it is embroidering, it does have a good size hoop and a nice screen.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 15:19:08 PM »
@Iminei and @Bodgeitandscarper ...a combination would take up less space. Some of us don't live in tardises  :P

OH! EXQUEEESSE ME!

You who have just bought a huge 5 bedroom detached house in the country !!!!!!! with just your hubby for company!

I bet your home isnt 14' wide (to outer walls) with the biggest area of floor space, if you had absolutely NO furniture being 11' x 10'

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 15:30:10 PM »
Surely you meant to say "some of you don't live in tardises like mine"  0_0 0_0 0_0

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 15:51:36 PM »
Not true m'lords  :P :P
A big house, true, but every space is accounted for,including all 5 bedrooms. :angel:
My sewing room is approximately 9ft x 7ft. Not room for two machines.Nor for any display space.......a proper pauper...that's me  :'(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 16:14:45 PM »
Hmmm. I'm now wondering if @Lowena is housing illegal immigrants in all those bedrooms...

Or maybe Mr L has multiple train sets...

Wychall

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 21:59:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies, All.
@Iminei The 1250 is the sewing version of the 750E so should be a good start. I don't need the sewing function, I have 8 or 9 in that room alone. However, condition and bundled bits make this machine more tempting than the 750E 's that I have looked at previously. All mute now as I collect the beast tomorrow (200 mile round journey! Why do local machines never come up when you want one?) I'm sat now trying to get my head around design software. I don't have a Windows pc so am trying to use Linux. Has anyone managed to run Brother software under Wine? (Not whilst drinking wine!)
Present 'garage' contains 2 x 28K hand crank, 99K hand crank, 66K hand crank, 66K treadle, 201K treadle, 99K electric, 416, 6104, 401G, Futura 1000, Innovis NV1250 and a Jones CS treadle. New arrival Brother XE1 Stellaire
www.wychallembroidery.com

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 08:37:11 AM »
If you dont need the sewing functions why pay for them???

What comes in the bundle then? to make this  particular machine so appealing?
and where were you in December when I was selling Elvis????
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:39:10 AM by Iminei »

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »
@Lowena - My sewing room is exactly the same size as yours - and I have 3 machines in it. :) (Plus a printer, scanner, dehumidifier, cat's litter tray, uncle Tom Cobley etc .......)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath