UttaRetch

Re: What kind...
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 16:47:51 PM »
A real mathematician can prove that 5 IS 7 mate

It's witchcraft.  :devil:

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 17:18:37 PM »
Well you know the old song 'A 7 legged friend, a 7 legged friend, she'll never let you down'.  ;)
I sew most fabrics. Quite happy with jersey and sheers, wovens the lot. Don't tend to sew many sheers but I've just acquired  some lovely Liberty silk chiffon.
As to pattern matching, well I do have a bit of the ol' tartan in the wardrobe so I pattern match when appropriate and tut disapprovingly at RTW clothing which should have been pattern matched but isn"t.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 17:25:48 PM »
DF ....you are the box of frogs!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

DementedFairy

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 18:06:05 PM »
This is completely untrue, a foul calumny I tell you!

Reddit.

Wibble.

Millennium hand and shrimp!

Anyway, to answer a previous question, the rainbow zebras were from Fancy Silk Store  a few years ago.  ON one of my market trips with a horde of crazy sewing ladies, we bought up all they had left [some were on different backgrounds]

Lovely stuff, but I got too fat for them REALLY quickly.  Dammit.  I must salvage the fabric and see if I can squeeze a bag or something out of it.  I love it.

Oooh ooh just remembered...I have rainbow ELEPHANTS waiting to be made up too!
C'est moi!

Tamnymore

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 18:15:22 PM »
DF Just add a couple of extra zebra legs then they might be ok. 9-legged zebra??
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 18:46:14 PM »
Until last week I had almost never sewn anything other than woven fabrics.  I vaguely remember a foray into a patchwork of stretchy velvety type stuff, although I can't for the life of me remember (or imagine) what I did with it.

Last week, though, I made my first LDT and it will not be the last.  I'm now on the hunt for knit fabrics - not an easy task as my local, lovely fabric shop has recently closed down.  :'(   I am also exceedingly fussy.  I don't want clingy or sheer or too stretchy.  I want mostly natural fibres.  And, of course, I want lovely colours and patterns and designs.   0_0   www.myfabrics.co.uk is looking good, and I am waiting for a pile of samples from them.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

DementedFairy

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 19:00:09 PM »
What's an LDT?
C'est moi!

Acorn

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 19:15:28 PM »
Laundry Day T-shirt from Lovenotions.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 19:28:48 PM »
Ok I wanted them when it was rainbow zebras I absolutely must have rainbow elephants!!! I wonder if spoon flower has any.......
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 19:43:14 PM »
DF Just add a couple of extra zebra legs then they might be ok. 9-legged zebra??

0_0   0_0  That would be an animal designed by committee, much like the camel.

Lilian

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 19:46:19 PM »
Pattern matching is for pussies!  Remember my five legged rainbow zebra?  Right on my bum crack.  FABULOUS!  I pointed it out to everyone...

You do make me chuckle  :)
Willing but not always able :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 19:53:23 PM »
Fancy Silk Store still has it, also puppies and...some other critter, can't recall, in the same range
I found the pic of the heffalumps!

C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 19:54:33 PM »
While not as fabulous as the zebras, they are rather irresistible.  Maybe something for Pride weekend?...
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 20:23:29 PM »
Fancy Silk Store still has it, also puppies and...some other critter, can't recall, in the same range

BIRDS

I remembered

Wibble
C'est moi!

jen

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 13:30:36 PM »
I rather like the 7 legs zebra, it adds a je ne sais quoi.

I'll sew pretty much anything, but one foray into pleather was more than enough. Sheers, and other garments with issues, like wrap overs or strapless wotnots, or cling happy skirts have to be designed with a complementary underthing. Otherwise they're just a waste of space.