The Sewing Place

Fabric Mouse.

Efemera

Fabric Mouse.
« on: January 14, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
Went yesterday to Fabric Mouse  (web site isn’t good)... they had some nice cotton Lycra jersey fabrics. Lots of patchwork fabrics, machines, habby stuff.
It’s at Brompton on Swale.

coffeeandcake

Re: Fabric Mouse.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »
Thank you for the reminder about Fabric Mouse @Efemera. I go to Gateshead about once a month and it would be quite easy to drive back down past Scotch Corner (my turning off point) to visit.  If I have my enabling DH in tow that will be even better :P

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 14:12:21 PM »
You have an enabling DH @coffeeandcake ?  I am impressed, they are a rare breed.

Mind you mine is making noises about a new motorbike and what’s good for the goose...... :D

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 14:20:05 PM »
Mind you mine is making noises about a new motorbike and what’s good for the goose...... :D

My OH would say that the number of bikes needed is 'n + 1' - n being the number you currently have
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

sewingj

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 17:41:59 PM »
@Efemera  I bought the stripey one from 1stforfabrics last summer - it made up really well. (Please Don't tell me how much you paid for it!)

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 18:54:11 PM »
£12 a meter....I thought that was reasonable.

Puzzler

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 18:56:50 PM »
I love the yellow print in the middle. Shop not in my neck of the woods though. I see what you mean about the website.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 21:45:29 PM »
I went to Fabric Mouse today and relieved them of some nice cotton jersey 0_0 I spent a good amount of time drooling over their machines.  I will definitely go there again and maybe try out a machine or two.