The Sewing Place

Closet Case Kalle Shirtdress

Fabric Lover

Closet Case Kalle Shirtdress
« on: January 14, 2020, 19:43:07 PM »
I registered for a workshop at Sewisfaction in December based on making shirts using the Kalle shirt pattern but it had to be postponed due to illness of the tutor. As I had cut this for the workshop and patience has never been my strong point
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

UttaRetch

Re: Closet Case Kalle Shirtdress
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »
@Fabric Lover: your fabric looks like an animal print, why not enter the dress into the Jungle January contest?

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »
That looks great, you didn't need the workshop!
Life's too short for ironing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 08:46:47 AM »
Very nice. You can wear it as a dress or as a tunic, too.

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:20:11 AM »
I love a shirt dress, and this one looks lovely.

I may have to just look at the pattern.... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »
Thanks all for your lovely comments.

@Fabric Lover: your fabric looks like an animal print, why not enter the dress into the Jungle January contest?
@UttaRetch i wasn’t aware of the Jungle January contest, I will look into that! Thanks

I may have to just look at the pattern.... ;)

Jessie
@b15erk  Jessie, I would mention two things about the pattern. First that it only comes with short dropped shoulder type sleeves, you have to but a separate pattern for the sleeves which isPDF only. Second the shoulder seams are quite a way back, when I make it again I need to bring it forward by an inch or so, and I’m not particularly round shouldered.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 13:12:53 PM »
@Fabric Lover: Jungle January, but you will have to read the rules to check for eligibility.