The Sewing Place

Why do I do it?

Surest1tch

Why do I do it?
« on: January 14, 2020, 20:40:57 PM »
At the moment I'm really involved in some heavy family issues so can't find the time or concentration to sew, so yesterday I was out shopping and spotted some new double bed size BHS popcorn fleece throws for £5 each, what do I do but buy 2 pale cream/off white ones with the sole intention of making something like a dressing gown and maybe a top from them.
I know full well it's going to be months before I can get back to sewing and I already have enough stash to start a shop with so why have I done it  :S :ninja:

snoozi soozi

Re: Why do I do it?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 20:49:11 PM »
You're asking us?! We don't know why we do it either  0_0

"Ooo look what a lovely fabric, I already have four pieces similar in my stash but I cannot posssibly live without that particular one la-la-la"  :P
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 22:13:07 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

So Chic

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 12:42:56 PM »
I bought some ponte roma forgetting that I had bought exactly the same fabric a few months before. I've made one top and have plans for another.  I don't mind having several tops in similar colours as long as I've made different styles.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

LeilaMay

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 17:06:41 PM »
Technically we do it because the buzz of buying something makes us feel better for just a little while.

But you didn't really want to know, did you? :)