The Sewing Place

Tried and tested top

sewingj

Re: Tried and tested top
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 08:09:19 AM »
Loubodu is my nearest bricks and mortar shop. It's pretty much a one woman operation run by a lovely young mum. She's just had a sale which might be why so many items are showing as out of stock. I think some of her fabric is influenced by her own likes (suitable for youngsters!) But I can usually find something I like and the quality is excellent

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »
I see the shop prices by the half-meter.  :angry:

sewingj

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 08:51:40 AM »
@UttaRetch   I like that as it means I can buy less than a full metre; and if you click on each fabric it does explain clearly what the price per metre is, and tells you what you need to put in the Quantity box to get what you want.

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 09:36:56 AM »
I've said this before, price by the metre and tell customers the smallest incriment they can buy.  To my eye, some sort of subtle deception is being practised on the public with this half metre pricing.

doesntworkonwood

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 13:17:56 PM »
Guthrie and Ghanis website lets you buy in 10cm increments and also prices by the metre. I understand it's more costly to have that capability, but I really appreciate it and it makes me want to buy from there over somewhere that only sells by the metre or half metre. I wish more businesses did that, especially because in this day and age we can't really afford being 'forced' into buying more fabric than we need and creating waste.

sewingj

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 13:46:36 PM »
I think somebody - possibly Francesca - explained that the software to enable people to buy in 10 cm units is much more expensive.

blackcat001

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 10:01:54 AM »
I do like that: style, fabric and finish.

I have made a couple of 'tried and tested' tunic tops for myself over the new year. I have a couple of simple patterns I keep going back to to make again and again. I usually make some sort of alteration, be it length of sleeve, total length, add a pocket or two, different type of material for different 'hang', different trim..