The Sewing Place

LONDON ONLY: The stitch festival - 27 February to 1 March

UttaRetch

LONDON ONLY: The stitch festival - 27 February to 1 March
« on: January 16, 2020, 16:15:42 PM »
This is the rebranded Knitting & stitching show for Spring and the venue has been moved to the much more convenient Islington location.

Marniesews

Re: LONDON ONLY: The stitch festival - 27 February to 1 March
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 12:29:17 PM »
That's interesting. Are they all being rebranded or just this one to differentiate it from the Ally Pally event?

Not more convenient for us, sadly, as a drive to Milton Keynes meant we could get a train direct to Olympia and I've heard some exhibitors are giving it a miss ostensibly because they don't favour the venue. An advantage for one is often a disadvantage for another though - depends where you're starting from. As it happens having been to the Harrogate show in November, we were planning to give this one a miss anyway.

It made me smile that their website says it's a 10 minute walk from Kings Cross while Google suggests 24 mins. Walking often seems easier than crowding onto the tube and up and down escalators with bags but I know which which pace would be closer when coming back loaded down with goodies.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 13:00:53 PM »
Thinking of booking a week in the big city so may go along, DH wouldn’t mind going to the car show.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 13:39:16 PM »
I've been thinking that I will give Knitting & stitching (or whatever it becomes) a pass since there seems to be less and less that interests me.

Even though I live in 'inner city' London, Ally Pally is a long way up and Olympia is a tedious journey with a long walk from the station.  I won't miss either venue should there be a permanent move away from both.

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 13:59:59 PM »
@Marniesews: Knitting & stitching had two London shows, the Winter one at Ally Pally and the Spring one at Olympia.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 17:26:32 PM »
Yes, I've been to them both and also the Harrogate one last year. That's why I was asking if they were all being rebranded or whether it was just the Olympia event now being relocated to Islington. I thought there might possibly be a reason in giving this London based one a slightly different vibe as many of us choose to go to one London K&S show or the other.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 19:16:36 PM »
Time will tell and it might be worth paying close attention to the other venues and possible rebranding.  Scotland lost it's slot a few years' ago, so maybe this is the start of another retrenchment.

So Chic

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 16:27:54 PM »
I’m planning to go to the Aggie for the Stitch Festival as I don’t think I will be able to go to Sewing for Pleasure in Brum.  It’s an easy journey by train to St.Pancras from Kent and I can also visit friends in London after going round the show.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 18:58:45 PM »
I haven't been able to find any discount tickets, so will not bother with this.

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 13:28:39 PM »
I’m planning to go to the Aggie for the Stitch Festival

Not heard of this before. What does the Aggie stand for, @So Chic ? In Islington - Angel Aggie? Don't remember her.  ;)

So Chic

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 13:47:00 PM »
@Marniesews - it was the nickname for the Royal Agricultural Hall back when Adam was a lad.  I can remember going to exhibitions there during my school days.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

jintie

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 09:05:34 AM »
Makers Atelier has a stall.
Rottweiler with scissors

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
Makers Atelier have been coming to the shows for a few years now.