The Sewing Place

Friday 17th

JudyN

Re: Friday 17th
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 10:36:41 AM »
@JudyN ... Darling do you have another pic of your lovely pooch??

Reason I'm asking is every time I see your avatar Im blindsided by the fact some appears to have chopped his legs off) .... which causes my heart to stop for a second ... either that or hes some weird and wonderful new hybrid of a lurcher cross sausage dog ... What would that be called then ?

LOL!! He was standing in deep gorse! Worryingly, there are some dachsund x lurchers out there. Why, oh why??? And more to the point - how?  :o

Off to find a long-leggity pic... Here you go!

And while I was going through my photos, I found this: Singer fancy foot, or steampunk dog?

(It's an accessory for my Singer 201K and I did look up what it did, but have a brain like a sieve....

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
Thankyou!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

snoozi soozi

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »
@JudyN ...

either that or hes some weird and wonderful new hybrid of a lurcher cross sausage dog ... What would that be called then ?

He would still be called a lurcher - a lurcher is a sighthound cross  0_0

Elnnina

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
JudyN lucky dog to have the beach and sea so close for daily outings.

Right your little gadget is called An Adjustable Hemmer.  If you want to try this out I will have to send you some instructions as they cover  three pages in a small booklet.

jintie

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 11:24:49 AM »
My DGS is coming to play later,  while DD changes my car tyre. Wimp, moi?
A bright spot in a dreadful week when my oldest male friend died suddenly (before the cancer took away all his life quality thankfully) and my oldest female friend had her third fall and broke her leg. I went to visit her in hospital for the second time and thought they'd lost her - they found a written note eventually in their diary to say they'd discharged her!!
Then I got a sudden flat tyre and when I got out of the car, I fell flat on my back in the mud. The coat washed fine.

Ann

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 12:17:38 PM »
Horrid weather today. Wind, blowing snow, and cold. Visibility is poor so many businesses will be closed. Will have a nap today as awake a lot during the night with the wind hitting our house.

Happy Friday everyone and keep safe and warm.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 10.6 metres

Nevis5

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »
Crikey, @jintie , sounds like you should creep back to bed and not touch anything...hope you're ok after the fall.

Raining here.  Again.  Got completely drenched last night just walking 10 yards from the car to the choir practice venue.  I thought for a minute (silly me) that it was going to stay dry this morning...but no.   I popped out to deliver a 70th birthday present to a friend of mine but that's it now, am staying in.

DH is off to help a friend of his reconnect her Sky box and TV, I have no idea why she thinks he can do that, he's completely useless with wires and cables here, but hey ho.  He's then out tonight with other friends at a tribute band concert, not my thing, so I will stay here and get an early night I expect.  I'm off out early tomorrow morning to drive over to a large metropolis and meet up with a couple of old schoolfriends for lunch so won't be around much on here.

Have a reasonable afternoon, everyone!  Stay dry (ha!) x

Silver Rose

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 12:52:07 PM »
Good afternoon, we have had sunshine on and off today :) and I had a lovely swim followed by a coffee and a danish.
I've got some bread dough a-rising and am waiting for Amazon to deliver a savarin mould. Lunch will be whatever I can find that it is left in the fridge with some eggs in some shape or form. It is now clouding over and showers are forecast but it will be much colder at the weekend. I hope to get the pattern pieces sorted for my cape today, I fell asleep thinking about it yesterday >< Have a good rest of the day.
Still learning

Ploshkin

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 13:55:20 PM »
LOL!! He was standing in deep gorse! Worryingly, there are some dachsund x lurchers out there. Why, oh why??? And more to the point - how?  :o
@JudyN many years ago we bought our first bull, he was only a young'un and quite small alongside the cows.  I was worried that he was too small and said so to the farmer we had him from.  He just grinned and said 'don't worry love, he'll catch them when they're getting up in the morning'.  My worries were unfounded, every cow calved
Life's too short for ironing.

Sara-S

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 14:06:47 PM »
Good morning.  Today will be a colder day, followed by snow tomorrow.  So I need to get out later, and put frost covers over my Bonsai trees.  (If they are trees that normally live in cold climates, they do need some exposure to cold. But, as they are in pots, not in the ground, they require some special care in the winter months.)

Later some sewing- a few mug rugs to be part of a gift basket that will be raffled off at a fund-raiser.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 14:59:48 PM »
Afternoon all.  Not a bad day here, some sunshine although cold. 
Took mum to Sainsbury’s  and then pottered round town.  I managed to get bits and pieces I needed including a new watch strap I’ve needed for months but always forget about!

Feeling pleased with our morning we get home to find the freezer has packed up and no idea how long it’s been off.   :'( :'(.  Rang a couple of local places first.  One couldn’t help and I didn’t like the attitude of the other.  But Curry’s will be delivering one tomorrow morning between 7 and 11am!   :o. I just hate having to order something in a hurry.  I would normally do some research but can’t really wait in this case.  I’m pretty sure there will be quite a bit of waste even so.   :(

Hope everyone else is having a better day. 

So Chic

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 16:41:31 PM »
@Ohsewsimple
When my freezer packed up while we were away and everything was ruined I claimed on our household insurance and got about £50 back which helped towards refilling a new freezer.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP with  elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G and Pfaff Overlocker 788 hiding in loft

snoozi soozi

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 17:21:46 PM »
Good afternoon quite frankly it's bloody freezing here.

I've sewn a new wallet today, just felt the need for cheering myself up, my old one was intended as a pressie for somebody a couple of years ago but I ended up keeping it, however I've never really liked it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

My youngest SS is here this weekend, he's basically house-hopping between us, his mum and his brother, he doesn't have a job or anything stable yet. Must not get wound up when he is parked on the sofa all day doing not a lot of anything  :S

Have a good evening all
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 17:23:28 PM by snoozi soozi »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 17:32:08 PM »
@So Chic we did think of that but with the excess it’s not worth it. 
However I have an update........

DH suddenly had a brainwave.  It does happen sometimes. And remembered there is an on/off switch.  He pressed that and freezer is now back on.  We think the storm might have buggered it up. (Technical term).  So, phone call to Curry’s and lovely lady was pleased to hear it was all ok and happy to cancel the order.  I’ve been through the freezer and it’s really only some muffins, a few scampi and ice creams that had to come out.  Muffins are now in the fridge and will be used soonish.  Everything else still seemed frozen.  Oh and 3 toffee puddings with sauce I’d made a while ago.  So we’ve got them tonight. 

Sandra

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 17:39:28 PM »
Oldies visited this morning. Told Mum I'd been out last night to the Strictly Live show. (She likes watching Strictly.  :) )

Mum:  :\
So I said it louder.
I added that we WENT OUT last night.
Then she asked if I watched Death in Paradise last night.  ><
Me: no.
Dad then told me EVERYTHING about last nights episode. I know who did it and I know how they did it.

Great.  :\

I queried the odd measurement to take off the dress I've mentioned, and was assured that it really does need 14 1/2 inches chopping off. She's 'not very tall'.
I pinned it up. I can't do it.  :S It leaves the skirt part of the dress at 14 inches long from the seam...I don't know if that seam sits on the waist or a little lower on the hip.
Anyway, it looks ridiculous, so I've just given it back, tacked and pinned, to check with the customer.

Daughter's returned from school in a grumpy bad mood. Don't know why yet. I'm sure I'll find out a bit later.

Sandra.
xxx