The Sewing Place

SleeveCuff, placement position

Flobear

Re: SleeveCuff, placement position
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 11:48:14 AM »
I don't personally think it's overkill @b15erk . If it's something you like then it will look great because you'll feel happy wearing it.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

b15erk

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 12:01:24 PM »
Decision made!  Thank you all for helping me to make it.  :)

I found a blogpost online, and she said that the cuffs tended to bend outwards, so for me, that will mean a couple of tacks to keep it in place. I couldn't be doing with floppy cuffs...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 12:07:41 PM »
What is your main fabric?   The cuff is designed to stick out but should be ok with a crisp fabric    Some silk organza would work for interfacing. 

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 12:11:16 PM »
I have interfaced it @Ohsewsimple , but it's linen/linen-mix, so very floppy.  A couple of tacking stitches should hold it in place.  The cuff meets at the long edge at cf sleeve, and I could see that this might happen, as the fabric of the cuff - being double, and interfaced, is heavier than the sleeve.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 12:23:26 PM »
Ahh.  Couldn’t remember what fabric you were using. If it works, go with it.  I’m all for that!   :)