The Sewing Place

Ha Ha, its Saturday the ?? of January

Iminei

Ha Ha, its Saturday the ?? of January
« on: January 18, 2020, 01:41:52 AM »
and I can legitimately start the today thread at stupid O'clock ...

as the Moo came up to bed an hour or so ago and we've both been lying there as wide awake as wide awake things on National wide awake day and I have taken the unilateral decision to come down (as if it were eight in the morning) and start the day!!

The Mei has been fed, I have been ... ahem ... watered (well it is still technically the evening/night) I have re-lit the fire and there is the remains of a Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bar  by my side ... Now don't look at me like that ... it was a gift from Christmas, so I've done pretty well!  Lovely!

Don't know about the weather but all seems quiet out there, that is apart from the Chinook helicopter (or whatever the army uses as a pleasure craft these days) who blasted past about a half hour or so ago. ... so not much to report!

I will no doubt drag my sorry (and ever expanding) a*** to bed in an hour or three but when you wake to your Saturday, peeps, have a good one! :) xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

Re: Ha Ha, its Saturday the ?? of January
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:04:14 AM »
Oh Bu66ery bu66ery bollockas ... another nosebleed ...

I had one in the middle of last night too! BUM!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Stitches

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:25:03 AM »
Morning ,still dark .Sewing group this afternoon .@Iminei hope you got some sleep.
sewing in sunny Norfolk

RJR_38

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 07:23:35 AM »
Morning all. After an insanely busy week (and full of cold) I was looking forward to a lie in this morning. Unfortunately my body had other ideas and woke me at 6.30am. I suppose it is better than the weekday time of 5.40 but still annoying! So for now I am just relaxing in bed being lazy. Looking forward to having no plans other than pottering and sewing

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 08:06:05 AM »
Bum, it's a frosty morning and the car is completely covered.  I went to bed last night with plans to make an early start on the day, but now I'll have to wait for the car to defrost and hope it will start after a week of not having been driven.   :(
What goes around comes around.

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 08:13:57 AM »
Morning
Clear sky and a touch of frost on the garage roof.
I hope Imi managed to get some sleep after that disturbed night.
Sitting here with a mug of tea and thinking I really should head for the shower and make some plans for the day.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »
G'morning I will visit mum today and take her a piece of carrot cake before it disappears completely. Hopefully I'll get in the sewing hut today I have a particular project to try in mind. Hopefully the OH and his DS2 will toddle off to rugby and leave me to it  :)

Have a good day all

BTW @Iminei it's the 18th  :P

Puzzler

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 08:21:06 AM »
I nearly started this thread around the same time as Imi as I was up fretting about stuff and coming down off a chocolate high. I did manage to sleep in the end. Today I am going to re-line a coat which means - drum roll -  Phoenix the Juki will be switched on. I will have to re-familiarise myself with all the new-to-me functions and practice on scraps for a bit. I am looking forward to accomplishing something sewing related.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 09:16:58 AM »
A lovely sunny morning here, but only 1°C.

Need to get organised today and pack ready to go to my daughter's tomorrow.  The dogs take more stuff than we do I think!  It'll be the first time they've stayed in someone else's house, so hope they behave - once they've got over their initial excitement.

Sandra

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 09:34:35 AM »
A beautiful clear sky and frosty for me too.

Not sure what to do today, work-related...I don't fancy doing any of it. It's all horrible, fiddly, faffy, time-consuming jobs.
Also, I have a poorly, sore finger  :( When I was unpicking some jeans, I had that cheese-wire thing happen where the thread has cut into my finger.
It's really sore this morning so I need to put a plaster on it when I'm working so I don't repeat it.

Need to pop out to the post office, but first I need to have breakfast.

Sandra.
xxx

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 10:36:45 AM »
Morning all.  Lovely sunny day but very cold and frosty.  Glad I’m not going out!
@Iminei nothing wrong with a bar of choccie and some 'water' at that time of day if needs must. 
DH is off to the footie this afternoon and I really must start and do my grandson’s blind so he can move into his own room soon now he is 4 months old. 
Have a good day all.

twopence

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »
Bright and sunny here too and the frost has retreated.  Going out in a bit for the weekly shop and to B&Q for a small unit to fit under the stairs. I’m hoping that OH will make it up for me this afternoon.  Might fit in a walk if we can think of somewhere dry to go to.

Ann

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 11:40:37 AM »
Cold here at -15C. Suppose to be sunny all day. Wind is not blowing much at all. Suppose to cloud up and start snowing tonight.

Hope to do some sewing on a new to me market tote again today. That is after I do some housework. We won't be going out until after it stops snowing. The pantry and freezer have enough for us to last for a while.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 10.6 metres

jintie

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »
Had a clothes clearout and turned some trousers into a tote bag.
DD wants some mugrugs for her birthday in May.

Catllar

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »
Cold here at -15C. Suppose to be sunny all day. Wind is not blowing much at all. Suppose to cloud up and start snowing tonight.

Is there any truth in the rumour that it can be too cold to snow - or is that just BS?

Bit grey today, might be cold outside, really don't know haven't put nose out yet! Will be off dancing in a minute 4 hours of contemporary flamenco class - it's flamenco Jim, but not as we know it! Very controlled and lots of off-balance movement ( I can do that better after a couple of glasses of fruit juice!)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !