The Sewing Place

Sunday 19th January 2020

Sewingsue

Re: Sunday 19th January 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
Morning, sunny here and cold, but the frost has lifted.

Doing a 'cupboard clear-out' in sewing/craft room. No point in having stuff that might come in useful if you can't remember what you have.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Nevis5

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 13:30:54 PM »
Afternoon!  Still frosty here, although it's going gradually.  Lovely and sunny out though.  Such a treat. 

I had a lovely day out yesterday meeting up with old schoolfriends, scrummy meal out and catching up on the last 40ish  :o years.  Was very tired when I got home though so didn't get a lot done later on.

Today I've been ironing  :angel: and getting packed for a week away tomorrow.  Am very excited to be hopefully seeing some more (and warmer) sun.  Fingers crossed.  Was disappointed (in a good way) to try on my swimming cossies and see them practically fall off me.  I'd planned to take advantage of the swimming pool but there's no way I can risk scaring the natives in those so I'll have to just sit by the pool with a g and t and my book.  Shame.

Have a good afternoon everyone xx

snoozi soozi

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 14:18:12 PM »
These are my pj trousers.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I used a 1.8m set piece from Croftmill so unfortunately none left over for a matching top

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 18:22:10 PM »
DH finally tried out his Christmas pressie today - a Karcher window vac. It slurped up half a pint of condensation off the windows. A number of peeps here have sung the praises of this gadget and I'm now joining you in the Karcher fan club.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 19:24:44 PM »
Was disappointed (in a good way) to try on my swimming cossies and see them practically fall off me.  I'd planned to take advantage of the swimming pool but there's no way I can risk scaring the natives in those so I'll have to just sit by the pool with a g and t and my book.  Shame.

Have a good afternoon everyone xx

Got an overlocker? You can take in you cosies - easy job.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lisalou1965

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 22:12:05 PM »
Got an overlocker? You can take in you cosies - easy job.

Another option is that most holiday destinations which have beaches/swimming pools, often have shops which sell cheap swimming costumes. They may not be the best, but at least you won't have to sacrifice the opportunity for a dip! Where are you going?
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

sewingj

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 09:41:15 AM »
@Tamnymore  which Karcher have you got? We don't have double glazing and I'm seriously fed up with mopping up condensation

Tamnymore

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 09:59:45 AM »
@sewingj it's the Anniversary edition which was £44.99 from the Karcher website (I think there was another discount as well). Most of our windows are double glazed but, on a cold night with the window open and with thick curtains the bedroom window does get a fair bit of condensation by morningand it removed that easily. Looks like a very useful purchase so far!

b15erk

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »
I nagged OH to get one, as he constantly complains about what a chore window cleaning is.

He love it, and even took it to DD's house over Christmas and did her windows.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

sewingj

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2020, 10:44:34 AM »
I`ve ordered one!  If Husband is cross I will blame you

Tamnymore

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »
He won't be cross @sewingj ! He will bestow a thousand blessings on @b15erk and me.  :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2020, 13:31:52 PM »
@Tamnymore another window vac fan here - it's great for drying the glass shower screen too.

It's stubbornly foggy here today so staying very cold and frosty without any sun :(  On the plus side, it isn't raining and I've seen some long tailed tits in the garden for only the second time ever.  We're supposed to be getting ready for scanning sheep later this afternoon but DH  was called to rescue a gas lorry from a ditch and he's just phoned to say that a pipe has blown off his tractor in spectacular fashion and dumped a lot of oil on the road so he's now stuck.  The gas lorry is presumably still in the ditch.  I hope he gets back within the next hour or I will be lumping heavy gates round on my own.
Life's too short for ironing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2020, 14:43:46 PM »
@Ploshkin long tailed tits are so pretty if you get to look at them through binoculars in detail.   We occasionally get them and they come in a group of 5 or 6 usually. 

toileandtrouble

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2020, 21:16:18 PM »
@Tamnymore  Window vac also does the tiled bathroom wall and the smooth kitchen cupboard doors (which get full of finger prints).  Sometimes I even do the windows!

wrenkins

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2020, 07:42:24 AM »
Karcher window vac...

BEST TOY TOOL EVEEERRRRRRR!
Just remember to keep it upright or the body will fill up with water, spit it out in indignation and sulk by corroding the inside gubbins!  :o
Fashion fades, style is forever!