The Sewing Place

Purple wool cape

Silver Rose

Re: Purple wool cape
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 16:41:47 PM »
I cut out the lining last weekend and have only made the adjustments for the facings today so I hope to sew the lining together and get it pinned into the cape tomorrow before my 1.30 appointment at the glaucoma clinic.
Still learning

wrenkins

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 07:38:32 AM »
Looking forward to seeing this @Silver Rose. I started a cape a while back but gave up at the first hurdle. I must fish it out again and have another look.  :[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Silver Rose

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 09:28:18 AM »
This is taking so long, what could be simpler than making a cape? When I was my normal fit self this would have been finished in next to no time but I will soldier on as I love the fabric and can't wait to wear it. There is a theatre matinee date coming up in a couple of weeks perhaps it will be ready by then  ;) Yes@wrenkins , fish it out and get it finished, I'd love to see it.
Still learning

charlotte

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 11:15:52 AM »
@Iminei  my friend wishes that duvet sets for grown ups had dinosaurs on them and he is 67, I'm always looking for that sort of fabric so I could make him one.

Like this?

It says for kids, but it comes in double and king size.

Also, I am excited to see your finished cape  :D

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 16:44:47 PM »
OOoohhhhh

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
The lining is sewn up ready to go in the cape, at last. I can only sit for a few minutes at the sewing table before the sciatica starts to take over that's why it has taken so long. Nearly on the last lap.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 15:24:25 PM »
Hooray, the lining is sewn in, I've got to finish off the slits  in the front and sew the hem as yet and attach the 2 fastenings so a bit more to do.
I managed to cut out a nightshirt out of pink and grey cotton jersey.
Still learning

BriarRose

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 18:02:37 PM »
A purple wool cape. Oh, my, envy has smitten my heart. Looking forward to seeing photos.
It's just fabric. We can out-think it.

Silver Rose

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 09:34:40 AM »
Hope to finish it today, just the hem and fastening to do and a good  press. Pics later in the week.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2020, 13:40:32 PM »
I am hemming at the moment but as I can't sit or stand for long it is taking  ages.
Physio appointment on Friday so I hope for improvement.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2020, 09:21:46 AM »
All hemmed and presssed just the two fastenings to sew on and I will wear it today when we go for a walk later. Pics too if I remember to ask my friend to take some. It is a really heavy and a warm cape to wear I  <3 it.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2020, 09:25:24 AM »
Well done, but we NEED those pics - please  :) :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2020, 11:34:06 AM »
Definitely need piccies.

Silver Rose

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
Well, I wore the cape yesterday for a short walk along the river at Manningtree and got my friend to take some pics. He took them when we got back to my house so I apologise for the crumpled look, the cape got bunched up in the car and the neck fasteniings are not sewn on in a wonky way like it looks ;)
Still learning

snoozi soozi

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2020, 11:01:34 AM »
@Silver Rose that's a really pretty colour, it looks beautiful on you. Good job lady  :hug:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew