The Sewing Place

Vogue Spring 2020

Catllar

Re: Vogue Spring 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 19:54:43 PM »
V1684 - just the thing for a trip to the supermarket - might get a bit squashed in the car  though - seatbelt squash.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 07:17:54 AM »
Vogue too? Maybe the lackluster selection of patterns on offer so far reflects the despondency of the designers and staff after learning of the sale. A lot of people must be wondering if they will still have jobs soon.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Missie

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »
There's quite a lot in there that I like (dresses mainly).  Don't like the Guy Laroche or Rachel Comey suits, far too 80s for my liking.  I love the Zandra Rhodes dress, but not sure it would suit me (no waists tend to make me look pregnant  -< )
 )and am thinking about the Tom and Linda Platt dress.  I also love V1671 in the longer length and this skirt  All of the tops leave me cold.

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 09:11:41 AM »
The Vogue facebook page says that the Rachel Comey suit is a copy of the RTW Agave suit and the original pic is really quite nice. I would make the trousrs full length as in the original. Of course the model is 5'10" and a size 8 ... just like me.....not!  :D The Guy Laroche jacket is a copy of  a catwalk version too. They may well have sneaked in a couple of designer copies into the patterns without named designers. I'm thinkiing of a copy of an Alexander McQueen coat they did about a year ago which waa a really nice pattern to make.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 09:34:37 AM »
Oh.

Nothing more to add  |O

Ploshkin

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 10:29:55 AM »
I actually like 1681 the Anne Klein black peplum top.  It's got an unusual construction.  I wouldn't pay that much for the pattern though and I suspect I'm a bit on the short side for Vogue sizing.
Life's too short for ironing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 17:39:20 PM »
V1681 is growing on me @Ploshkin . You can find versions of the garment for sale - I googled Anne Klein pin-stripe peplum top.  It would be nice in a striped fabric like the one on the website. I would have thought that this pattern would be reasonably accommodating to different heights. The sleeves aren't overly long, the top isn't long and it doesn't look wide across the shoulders. Well it will be weeks before it arrives in the UK and probably a long tome before there's a pattern sale!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Fabric Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 08:30:18 AM »
Nothing for me there, very disappointing!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)