The Sewing Place

McCalls M6076 Shirt with FBA

annieeg

McCalls M6076 Shirt with FBA
« on: January 22, 2020, 15:38:00 PM »
I've been working on this:
https://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/36441

@Holly Berry helped me with the FBA on the paper pattern early  last summer and the fabric was a purchase from @Francesca so you could say this was a TSP syndicate project 0_0

I've attached a pic which shows it more or less finished but only pinned closed so it will probably hang better when I've  and b/holes and attached buttons.

My tweaks:  I lengthened it but now think it could be a little shorter. 
I was too generous when I actually cut out the fabric as I could have made the midriff/waist a little more fitted.
Its a good pattern and I would definitely make it again in a plainer fabric which would show off a little more the princess seams.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

b15erk

Re: McCalls M6076 Shirt with FBA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 15:43:29 PM »
@annieeg  that's lovely.  Love your fabric, and I had to click on the pattern link to be nosey.  That's another really pretty McCalls shirt pattern.  I may have to have another look... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 07:16:12 AM »
Well that's just great! I've been on TSP since 07.05 and already I've wandered off and ordered a pattern! Cos that's what I need...another pattern.  :[

@Elnnina It's got two sorts of princess seams, bust darts and the whole shebang! I'm going in!!!!  :o
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »
Very nice annieg, and a great fit too. I'm sorely tempted....

Elnnina

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 10:11:50 AM »
Wrenkins if you have ordered McCalls 6076 - that is one of the patterns featured on the Full Busted DVD with Marta Alto - so I shall look forward to seeing how you get on with this.  Perhaps you need to book a trip over to the Chilterns!!!

Annieeg - well done that looks good,  now is this the start of a few more tops?  Look forward to seeing your progress nw you have a good fit.

sewingj

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »
I`ve had my eye on this pattern for a while.  If I remember correctly @DementedFairy mentioned it a while back as one of her favourites because it was so versatile