The Sewing Place

Deep Joy .. A chink of light

Iminei

Deep Joy .. A chink of light
« on: January 23, 2020, 06:35:17 AM »
has shone into the black hole in which I am currently residing ...

Yes Peeps, yesterday for the first time since Christmas I deconstructed the Sweatshop in the corner, dusted off The Splurgess and SEWED!

Yes Really, actually stitched something!

The Motivator was my lil next door neighbour, Jazmin's up coming birthday ... on Saturday!

I had a rogue idea rolling around in the empty vortex that is my brain for the last week or so that I would make her a pillowcase to match her quilt for her birthday and yesterday I got down and DID something about it!

So as you know I love my pics ... Brace yourselves (Sheila)

Here is the quilt PINK which I gifted to her for her fifth birthday TWO years ago (Where does the time go ? )

And here is the pillowcase I have fettled to compliment it!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

All the pics are in the album (linky above) as ever click on an individual pic and the i icon thingmy for description to come up beside
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 14:57:32 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

Re: Deep Joy .. A chink of light
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 14:47:22 PM »
:(  Does no one like this ???

Flobear

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 15:01:00 PM »
They are beautiful @Iminei .  First chance I've had today to sit down and peruse the forum  :)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 15:24:56 PM »
:(  Does no one like this ???

@Iminei No, I don't like it. I love it  0_0
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 15:45:37 PM »
Well done you  :toast:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 16:33:43 PM »
Just back home. Pillowcase is a gorgeous match for the beautiful quilt!

Lachica

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 19:25:50 PM »
That's lovely, lucky girl.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 20:42:23 PM »
@Iminei , I would kill to have you as a neighbor, that pillowcase (and the one you did for Reuben are soooo pretty. You have inspired me to make matching pillow cases with future quilts
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Celia

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 00:10:31 AM »
Have not been around on tsp much I need to catch up BUT this is lovely I really need some inspiration to get out of my own way.
Well done Imi

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 08:36:14 AM »
Thank you all ...

Its funny isnt it ... On Faceache I have never ever 'liked' anything and give not one hoot if anyone 'likes' me ..

but here it matters ... Sorry to be so needy, thank you xxx

Lisalou1965

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 16:40:00 PM »
I don't think you are particularly needy, I think that we all want some recognition from the tribe when we post things on here - and why not? If other's husbands and children are anything like mine, it is a case of "mmm, yes, nice" at least from husband. Children are a bit more appreciative, but it hardly qualifies as praise!
So, perfectly logical that you want peep's to say something about your work!
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Catllar

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 19:57:28 PM »
That's soooooo lovely - colours are fresh , simple blocks and amazing quilting. Lucky recipient.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 21:53:06 PM »
Thank you @Catllar  ... the quilt was gifted a year or more TWO !!!! years ago (how time flies) Its just the pillowcase!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:20:35 AM by Iminei »

Tim Sr

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 03:39:50 AM »
@Iminei I love  <3 <3 the quilt and dang that is a wonderful addition in the pillow case!
It makes me happy to see that in TSP we do count on each other and the thoughts we have. That makes TSP more than a forum, it really links the people involved here together. I thank you and the founders for this. I have to thank the members too in how they respect and respond to everything, try finding that in the real world today.

Tim
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:19:20 AM by Iminei »
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

rubywishes

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 08:31:08 AM »
It's lovely Im, you are such a clever clogs! :flower: Glad you're feeling a bit brighter  <3

Off on a tangent......was that quilt done QAYG? I'm reading up on the process including absorbing your tut as I'm thinking I will use this method for my current project at which I am whipping along at a geriatric snails' pace. Any tips for me?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!