The Sewing Place

[SOLVED] Logged by mistake

fajita

[SOLVED] Logged by mistake
« on: April 30, 2017, 20:30:13 PM »
I 'logged' one of DFs posts by mistake (fat fingers on my iPad). Tried to unclog it, but think it might have logged again. Sorry. Didn't mean it.

"Sews hair shirt"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:36:19 AM by Francesca »

DementedFairy

Re: Logged by mistake
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 20:54:51 PM »
What does that mean?
C'est moi!

fajita

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 20:58:27 PM »
It means I reported your post, I think. I think it logs your ip with the admins.
See below text box.

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 20:59:28 PM »
oh.  None the wiser lol

Luddite me

Wibble
C'est moi!

fajita

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 21:05:15 PM »
At the bottom of the text box it says 'report to moderator' and 'logged'. I pressed. I think this sends a report to admin that I think your post was inappropriate in some way. Obviously I don't think anything of the sort. I was just fat finger typing. Sorry.

Kittensposies

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 23:19:06 PM »
Hmmm I have been doing this repeatedly, but didn't think to mention it! TBH I had no idea what was "logged"... hope I've not flagged random things for no reason!

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 01:28:12 AM »
It will only create a report if you hit the little orange report button, fill out the form detailing why you're reporting, and hit send. So I trust your fingers didn't manage to go that far! We haven't received any reports.

"Logged" is just a reminder that your IP has been logged when you make a post. From my admin view, I get to see all your IP addresses in that space instead, so I can tell where you are located (and if you were to do anything illegal, for example, this is the information that the police could use to find you!) But only I can see that, normal members just see "logged" as a reminder that the post IP has been logged.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:30:17 AM by Francesca »

fajita

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 07:58:50 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 08:07:43 AM »
I was curious to see what 'logged' meant and when I click on it, saw

Your IP address is shown only to you and moderators. Remember that this information is not identifying, and that most IPs change periodically.

You cannot see other members' IP addresses, and they cannot see yours.

Kittensposies

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
Ahhh makes sense, thanks for the explanation!!