The Sewing Place

Hello

Franki

Re: Hello
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 14:13:08 PM »
@Franki.  I use Lunapic and below is my tute:

That seems to be working okay -Yay. Thank you. I think I saw the problem. When I pasted between the picture [img] brackets there was a space which I deleted this time and so far so good. Thanks again

I love you guys.  <3 <3

Surest1tch

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 14:55:47 PM »
Hi Franki, welcome from me too  :D

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 15:25:47 PM »
Welcome Frankie. Looking forward to hearing more about your sewing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 15:49:52 PM »
I am very grateful for your tutorial UttaRetch and am trying again. This time I will leave the post up and see what happens. Thank you. Here goes.
That's okay.  It's very easy to miss a step or misinterpret the instructions, but I use Lunapic all the time now without even thinking about it (mostly ).

That's a proper Silver Cross and good to see that it is still being used all these years later.  It must bring back memories for all the grandmothers.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 19:41:44 PM »
Welcome from me too @Franki. Lovely job on the pram. I had one for my first daughter  and remember very clearly putting the body in the back seat of the car. I used to carry the body upstairs every night and put it on the dressing table for her to sleep in. God, it was heavy.

Franki

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 08:21:31 AM »
Welcome from me too @Franki. Lovely job on the pram. I had one for my first daughter  and remember very clearly putting the body in the back seat of the car. I used to carry the body upstairs every night and put it on the dressing table for her to sleep in. God, it was heavy.

Thank you CoffeeandCake. These coach built prams are so solid - and as you say heavy - I was surprised how easy it was to even remove the hood. But they are a dream to push aren’t they? I was pleased with the result, especially since it did rely on hand stitching which is a very weak point with me.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 17:14:56 PM »
Hi @Franki. Yes they are a dream to push. I no longer have the Silver Cross and my youngest had a Mama & Papas pram with a sprung chassis which I still have. I was pushing it today uphill and down dale with my 13 month old grandson in it. When DD was looking at prams there were few sprung chassis ones to be bought and it seems that the average family car doesn't really fit them anymore as already said :\