The Sewing Place

Dutch online supplier

dolcevita

Dutch online supplier
« on: January 26, 2020, 17:26:32 PM »
A Dutch sewing friend told me about this site and I've subsequently ordered from them.  Great range of quality fabrics and really quick postage to the UK.

Driessenstoffen

Marniesews

Re: Dutch online supplier
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 17:49:17 PM »
They've a huge range of cotton waffle or Wafelkatoen as it's called even on the translated page.  ;) Surprised how easy so many of the Dutch fabric names are to work out though.

The waffle cotton price is very good indeed and a few metres would soon offset the difference of the £8.40 shipping charge.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 17:50:43 PM »
And don't forget to put your purchases in the winkelwagen... much more poetic than shopping cart.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 21:59:45 PM »
The viscose linen is beautiful and I can't believe those prices.  For the first time in my sewing life, I am actually tempted to order fabric online.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 22:05:09 PM »
Yes the viscose linen is lovely.
And the cotton jersey is lovely and well priced. If I hadn't already placed an order elsewhere today I'd definitely be loading up my winkelwagen.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 22:41:36 PM by Tamnymore »

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 15:41:13 PM »
Oh dear, @dolcevita, this hurts! Some lovely printed and plain fabrics here - with remarkable prices. I'm supposed to be stash busting so it's got to be window shopping only for a while...although a few samples can't hurt, can it? At least I can't be tempted into just the odd metre here and there as the shipping means it has to be a bigger order for economy. There's something contradictory there, isn't there?  :[
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 16:30:15 PM »
I was tempted by the By Lisan cotton jersey but the 30% off special offer ended yesterday so I'll hold fire for now! They get good reviews on Google and FB so definitely one to watch.

Puzzler

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 07:17:37 AM »
Very sorely tempted by some of the viscose prints. Might have to take the plunge. I mean, I never said I was on a fabric fast, did I?  ;)

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 07:46:52 AM »
Will y'all stop with the suppliers!  :o

My "adequately proportioned for all the sewing I do" storage cabinets are full to bursting with my Girl Charlee acquisitions from last week @Vezelay  :angry: in the queue to get in!!!

I have a mountain of stretchy stuff now that is very pretty but scary and loads of other stuff that is also pretty but scary! Meanwhile I'm fannying around sewing wee squares together and hunting about looking for courage. I'm like the lion in the Whizz but with sewing patterns...also tooooo many!  0_0 0_0 0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 17:17:06 PM »
Well lucky enough for you @dolcevita I can't get into the site - I keep getting a message saying it "isn't private and this site might be impersonating driessenstoff"  Anyway I need  no more fabric but viscose linen sounds wonderful - sigh.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 17:44:40 PM »
Slightly disappointed to discover that viscose cactus had pics of cacti, not was made from cacti.  Thought we might have a new fabric source for a moment :(

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 13:49:42 PM »
Of course your purchase will be in euros and there's something happenning on Friday night in the UK which might affect the value of the pound. Just a thought.  :o

dolcevita

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 15:10:23 PM »
Of course your purchase will be in euros and there's something happenning on Friday night in the UK which might affect the value of the pound. Just a thought.  :o

Best get in quickly with those orders!  Mine arrived about 10 days ago; OH never noticed as there's so much fabric in my room, a couple more pieces don't show up any longer. Ahem.

dolcevita

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 12:05:04 PM »
Giving this post a little nudge.  I've ordered twice from them now and received my second order this morning with some of the linen/cotton, pure linen and other things.  Really lovely quality stuff at excellent prices.  Highly recommended.

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
Some really lovely stuff there, sigh...  Unfortunately, I don't know the translation for French Terry... (or fortunately ;))

I am so tempted, but really only need Purple French Terry.  :(

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.