The Sewing Place

Dutch online supplier

UttaRetch

Re: Dutch online supplier
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 14:01:37 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know the translation for French Terry... (or fortunately ;)) ... I am so tempted, but really only need Purple French Terry.  :(
Let me come to your rescue or downfall @b15erk and point you here.

Ain't it pretty.  :devil:

snoozi soozi

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 15:31:47 PM »
@dolcevita ok, ok, crikey, you're very persuasive, I've placed an order. You happy now? :P
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

dolcevita

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 18:58:27 PM »
@dolcevita ok, ok, crikey, you're very persuasive, I've placed an order. You happy now? :P

Heh, heh! I knew that someone's willpower would crumble!  :D

snoozi soozi

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 13:31:21 PM »
I'm astounded! My order has arrived - 4 mtrs of linen mix, 3 mtr plain black linen plus delivery charge for the grand total of £42 (€49).

I paid exactly this (£14 pm, which I thought was cheap) for 3 mtr grey linen from Fabric Godmother just a couple of months ago, oh, with delivery charge on top  :o

Thanks @dolcevita this shop is now my number 1, you deserve a  :hug:

dolcevita

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 13:39:29 PM »
I'm astounded! My order has arrived - 4 mtrs of linen mix, 3 mtr plain black linen plus delivery charge for the grand total of £42 (€49).

I paid exactly this (£14 pm, which I thought was cheap) for 3 mtr grey linen from Fabric Godmother just a couple of months ago, oh, with delivery charge on top  :o

Thanks @dolcevita this shop is now my number 1, you deserve a  :hug:

You are very welcome! Their prices and service are excellent, so I'm glad it was the same for you.  Feeling the hug!

Nevis5

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 13:44:00 PM »
So glad to see this!  I was pondering a few of their fabrics but was waiting to hear if anyone else had dipped their toe into the water yet.  Now, where to start????...... :devil:

Sewbee

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 13:55:46 PM »
The viscose linen is beautiful and I can't believe those prices.  For the first time in my sewing life, I am actually tempted to order fabric online.

I switched to the English translation and searched for viscose linen and nothing came up. How did you find it?

ETA I found it. Dutch word for linen is linnen so searched on that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 13:58:35 PM by Sewbee »

snoozi soozi

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 13:58:14 PM »
@Sewbee Press the offer button, then go to fashion fabrics, it's listed there

Sewbee

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 14:06:04 PM »
Will y'all stop with the suppliers!  :o

My "adequately proportioned for all the sewing I do" storage cabinets are full to bursting with my Girl Charlee acquisitions from last week @Vezelay  :angry: in the queue to get in!!!

I have a mountain of stretchy stuff now that is very pretty but scary and loads of other stuff that is also pretty but scary! Meanwhile I'm fannying around sewing wee squares together and hunting about looking for courage. I'm like the lion in the Whizz but with sewing patterns...also tooooo many!  0_0 0_0 0_0

Oh no! Don’t stop!

Sewbee

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 14:07:02 PM »
@Sewbee Press the offer button, then go to fashion fabrics, it's listed there

Thank you! It is SO nice to see reasonable prices!

Tamnymore

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 14:08:25 PM »
Mmmmm tempted. I'll just take a little look..... :devil:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

wrenkins

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 14:09:27 PM »
......LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU......
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 16:41:07 PM »
Mmmmmm, just spotted some lace! 
Question, probably for @dolcevita .....do you know the % of viscose in the viscose/polyester  jersey?
There are some nice ones there but you know me, not a great fan of poly. 

Tamnymore

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 17:26:30 PM »
Many of the fabrics have the %age of fabric content listed but I see some don't. In that case I'd just assume that the first fibre listed is the main one @Ohsewsimple   . I know what you mean about polyester though polyviscose isn't usually too polyish in the way it handles. Wow they have really cheap cotton lace too. Has @Manuela noticed?   :D

I had started to load up my winkelwagen but I think I'll hang fire for a bit.... just in case something on ebay wants to come and live in my stash meanwhile.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 18:20:49 PM »
Thanks @Tamnymore I had spotted that some did and some didn’t.   Why is it the ones I’m interested in don’t have the info? :).  Perhaps I’ll see if I can email them.