The Sewing Place

Dutch online supplier

Manuela

Re: Dutch online supplier
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2020, 02:27:52 AM »
@Tamnymore, very tempting indeed....some of the cotton laces look beautiful- I particularly like this one.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

However, they only ship within Europe...

Tamnymore

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2020, 08:22:46 AM »
What a shame @Manuela . Well I suppose there are so many online suppliers that we have plenty of choice. I think I will try this supplier once I can persuade myself not to indulge too much.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Tamnymore

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2020, 20:12:14 PM »
Well I'm afraid three lengths of viscose linen just fell into my winkelwagen so I'll let you know when they arrive.

wrenkins

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2020, 07:01:40 AM »
That's it @Tamnymore! You are having your winkelwagen licence revoked forthwith. You're not safe to be let out even after a cooling off period!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Tamnymore

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2020, 07:34:45 AM »
You're absolutely right @wrenkins. I'm guilty of dangerous winkelwagenning.

wrenkins

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2020, 07:43:24 AM »
HaHa!

Parp Parp!!!

Pleeease tell me you get that reference. It won't be funny if I have to explain it! 0_0

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Tamnymore

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2020, 08:56:14 AM »
Haha. Yes indeed. And I do look much like Toad in disguise or at least I will when I make up all this lovely Dutch fabric ( unless it languishes in a cupboard for years. See : parents, hoarders, inherited traits).  :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »
Well my fabric has arrived. Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday and arrived on Wednesday. The only hiccup was that DPD left it outside my neighbour's house two doors down rather than in my porch  :facepalm: - luckily they sent a photo of where they'd left it!

The fabric is viscose linen and is fab - a lovely weight and handle. I have a flowery print with an ochre background, an abstract batik-like print in a 'jeans' colour and a very dark navy (which might even be black) with tiny white spots. You will be able to easily identify them from the website. All luvverly. The lengths have been generously cut - at least 25cm over the order length. With the p&p that works out at about £4.50 pm for my order. The p&p is a standard 9.95 euros to the UK so you'd want to place a reasonably sized order to get best value (  :devil: :devil:) I've just chucked a length in the washing machine to see how it washes - and indeed creases given that both linen and viscose do tend to crease. Thanks to @dolcevita for suggesting this supplier and to the rest of you for cheering my winkelwagen over the finish line.  :*

Tamnymore

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 16:07:32 PM »
The viscose linen washes nicely and dries with surprisingly little creasing..... if you need any further encouragement to buy!

Nevis5

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 16:47:46 PM »
Ooh, it was the viscose linen I was interested in, @Tamnymore  !  Is it drapy now that it's washed?  I want to make some summer trousers with soft pleats at the waist and a cocoon shaped leg but the linen I've bought is too thick and stiff despite being shoved in the washing machine at a highish temp.

Tamnymore

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 17:47:50 PM »
Its weight is much like a medium weight linen @Nevis5 but it's much 'drapier' though not as drapey as a pure viscose. I like its weight - heavier than a cotton lawn but still fairly soft - much more flexible than pure linen- and so far not showing signs of excessive creasing though I guess it is bound to crease a bit. Handles much the same before and after washing - not heavy and stiff at all. So far I'm very pleased with fabric. Often online fabric shopping can be a little disappointing but not this one. I'll be wheeling my winkelwagen back before too long!

I think it would be very good for trousers. Indeed I may well make my spotty fabric into trousers. It's going to have to wait its turn in the fabric queue though.  :D

sewingj

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 18:12:50 PM »
I'm interested in the viscose linen too. I have some summer trousers that I got from BHS  years ago which I keep trying to replicate but all the fabric I've bought so far has been too crisp

Sewbee

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 20:35:22 PM »
The viscose linen washes nicely and dries with surprisingly little creasing..... if you need any further encouragement to buy!

I have been eyeing the viscose linen

Nevis5

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 13:14:45 PM »
Ah thank you so much @Tamnymore  !  Sounds like I need a winkelwagon too.......

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2020, 15:16:54 PM »
Ah thank you so much @Tamnymore  !  Sounds like I need a winkelwagon too.......

Don’t we all.   ;)