The Sewing Place

Dutch online supplier

snoozi soozi

Re: Dutch online supplier
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2020, 16:31:56 PM »
I've pulled my winkelwagon out of it's holding place today, oh and I bought another pattern after promising myself No More Patterns  :|
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

sewingj

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2020, 16:43:46 PM »
I had my first delivery from Driessenstoffen today having put this in my winkelwagen
https://driessenstoffen.nl/product/katoenen-tricot-blue-flowers

I`m really pleased with it.  I prefer 100% cotton jersey for nightdresses and it is hard to find but this is excellent quality - not too thick but not flimsy.  I ordered 3 metres and they sent me nearly 3.5; and although it is listed as 140cms wide it was nearer 160.  It has shrunk a bit on washing - as I would expect - but I reckon I`ve got plenty to make a long nightie plus a t-shirt and all for about 20 quid (including delivery which only took a week).  The only problem I had was that the order form really wanted me to put a house number in and I don`t have one so I had to put the house name and a zero

Acorn

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2020, 17:42:00 PM »
That's lovely.  Hmm, I think a nice wander around a Dutch store might be just the thing for a lazy Saturday evening!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

dolcevita

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2020, 20:05:17 PM »
I bought some of their soft shell fabric recently for a jacket and it's lovely, lovely stuff. I've had a lot of fabric from this supplier now and their service, quality and value have always been very good. They are probably my preferred supplier these days.

SkoutSews

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2020, 20:55:35 PM »
I haven't yet succumbed to the siren call of the winkelwagen, despite temptation. In lockdown I decided to sew fabric I already had. That has had mixed results. Probably the reason they hadn't been sewn up earlier is that they weren't a wise purchase in the first place.
Now I'm eyeing up their thicker jerseys, 'jogging' and 'sweatshirt' (might just be 'sweat'  :S) for winter makes.
Has anyone here bought these? Which would be better for winter tops (sweatshirt or hoodie type) or trousers?

dolcevita

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2020, 21:31:56 PM »
I'm trying very hard not to dive into the delights of their French terry for a winter weight dress. I doubt that I will last for long - I'm weak willed when it comes to nice fabric.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2020, 12:09:54 PM »
I'm trying very hard not to dive into the delights of their French terry for a winter weight dress. I doubt that I will last for long - I'm weak willed when it comes to nice fabric.

Aren’t we all @dolcevita ?   :)