The Sewing Place

Subscription problem?

Lachica

Subscription problem?
« on: January 26, 2020, 18:40:00 PM »
My subscription runs out today, but I have 'recurring payment' set up, so hopefully it will renew in the next 6 hours. My forum view has gone squiffy, maybe a coincidence? Has anyone else got problems? Forum pages look different, they're all jammed over to the LL eft of my screen so I have to rotate my phone & pinch to enlarge. This reply box is so small I can't see what I'm typing so apologies for any gobbledegook. Yes, I've tried closing the window & loading again several times. I'm on an Android phone.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lachica

Re: Subscription problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 18:45:30 PM »
I'm not able to edit the message above bit can see the typos as its big enough to read as a post. My profile shows my subscription running out at 22.16 tonight so maybe that's not the reason for problems.
Mary

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 19:01:17 PM »
No, there wouldn't be any connection between your subscription and the appearance of the forum.

Everything looks fine on my phone, which isn't Android, and on my Kindle Fire, which is basically Android, but a tablet.  It is most likely to be an issue with your phone (or its browser) I'm afraid.  Is anyone else having problems?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sewbusy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 19:02:02 PM »
Realised today that my subscription ran out in November!! It hasn't prevented me from posting or editing the (which I frequently do after reading again!)

Have renewed mine now so hopefully can put photos on now I've mastered the art of reducing them.

Sewbusy

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 19:02:48 PM »
Realised today that my subscription ran out in November!! It hasn't prevented me from posting or editing them (which I frequently do after reading again!)

Have renewed mine now so hopefully can put photos on now I've mastered the art of reducing them.

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 22:13:43 PM »
It was very odd on my pc but I'm on my Fire tablet
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lachica

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 18:11:09 PM »
Well it didn't auto-rebew but I've done it manually and am still a member -phrw! However the reply box is this tiny - can't see it well even with glasses - expect there are typos I can't see.
Mary

Lachica

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 18:14:11 PM »
Ivusited the 'my profile' page and fiddled with the settings which made the forum look nearly normal but I still have this list under the last reply in each thread. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 18:16:26 PM by Lachica »
Mary

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 18:32:26 PM »
Sorry thats one for the bods @Acorn  @Francesca
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 19:06:25 PM »
Is that the Unread Topics listing?  I can't replicate that even with my Test user and exactly the same look and layout settings as yours.

Have you tried clearing the cache of your phone?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lachica

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 19:19:05 PM »
@Acorn thanks. I got rid of the list in Layout. Sidebar notification was on, I unchecked the box.  I still have this tiny reply box but the whole look of the forum is now nearer to what I'm used to. Now off to try to clear cache.
Mary

Lachica

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 19:38:07 PM »
Hooray! Thanks @Acorn, I've cleared a few Gb of cache, it's gone back to normal. How clever you are 0_0
Mary