Lowena

Re: The Spiral Child
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 00:21:40 AM »
Lovely dearie, the colours are really zingy
Triumph of hope over experience :D

datcat23

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 10:39:24 AM »
Immi ... this is fantastic!  I would really love to know if there is a pattern I can access?
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Pearl

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 18:29:09 PM »
Yay, Datcat!  Join us aboard the May BOM express!:D :snip: :thread: :sew:

rubywishes

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 08:51:16 AM »
All those stops and starts in your quilting...good grief you have the patience of a saint Im!!!!! Just out of interest Im....what do you do with all your gazillion lil ends...do you knot and bury each thread  :o , do you just backstitch and clip or ............?

And yes, as always....a lovely, lovely quilt you clever girl you! 0_0
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
Knot and bury as shown in the tut....

About a trillion times, each of those three lines of quilting in the coloured diamonds needed 2 knots fastened off and buried!!!

And yesterday I still found two loose threads that need finishing!
I chose the  backing thread colour very well, the darn thing is nearly invisible!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
That is stunning, Imi!  <3 You do like your black backgrounds! Wish I was brave enough. Do you ever have problems washing them or do you prewash the black fabric?

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 14:26:23 PM »
I never pre-wash anything and will only wash a quilt if there is a serious spill or (more likely) the cat is sick on it!

The only thing with black is that it shows up any fluff, thread or hair, so a lint roller is an excellent thing to have around !

I also like to use a really dark colour instead of a black, its warmer!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 19:26:00 PM »
'The only thing with black is that it shows up any fluff, thread or hair, so a lint roller is an excellent thing to have around !'

Ah, not the perfect colour for my house then. We have 2 spaniels and my daughter runs a dog grooming business from the house- fluff everywhere!