The Sewing Place

PDF patterns idiot`s guide required

sewingj

Re: PDF patterns idiot`s guide required
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 09:07:38 AM »
@Clareew  and  @Ohsewsimple    One more question - if I "buy" the pattern do I have to print it straight away?

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:21 AM »
No - you can download it when you want to and save it to your computer ready to print at your convenience.

Sellers vary, some will let you download a pattern from your account with them as many times as you like, others will limit the number of times, but it's a good idea to save it to your computer as soon as you've bought it anyway.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewingj

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
@Acorn I`ve managed to download it but it is showing all of the sizes.  You said that I could hide the ones that I don`t need but I can`t see how to do this.  Help please!

Vezelay

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 11:48:33 AM »
@sewingj - when you open the A4 print at home pdf you should see some symbols in the left margin. Click on the bottom-most which looks like 3 squares stacked on top of one another. All the layers are listed. You simply click on the ones that you don't want until just the layers you want remain.

I print the pdfs in black and white - saves ink and the colours are rarely needed - but that's your choice.

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »
What Vezelay said, and also (assuming you're using Acrobat Reader) you may need to open up the left hand margin.  If there is no margin showing, look halfway down the page and there will be a faint arrow.  Click on it and the symbols Vezelay refers to should appear.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewingj

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 12:27:08 PM »
Done it!  Now feeling ridiculously impressed with myself!

I won`t be printing it out just yet - need to get some more paper

Many thanks

Clareew

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 17:57:27 PM »
Well done.  If you are on facebook, it is well worth joining the Sinclair Patterns Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/sinclairpatterns/
There is always someone available to help out and also the designer Oxana Sinclair will answer any queries or problems too.