The Sewing Place

Netflix.

Efemera

Netflix.
« on: January 30, 2020, 21:13:55 PM »
Next in Fashion.... just watching the first episode.

UttaRetch

Re: Netflix.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »
Some on PR said it wasn't up to much, but I am not interested in this type of show.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 10:12:30 AM »
It was OK... I’ll watch the rest, quite a few Brits taking part.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 21:26:19 PM »
Not quite me either, but I wasn't aware of it, so thanks for the heads up.  :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:18 AM »
Love Minju....

Ann

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 11:02:59 AM »
I watched it and it really isn't me either. I decided to look at how these designers blossomed (or didn't) during the series. I really loved Minju.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 13:32:35 PM »
Is Netflix one of those things you have to pay for?

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 16:58:04 PM »
Yes unfortunately... but I think it’s good value. You can stream to 3 different devices from one account...DD in Carlisle shares ours so it’s about £5 a month each.

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 18:54:13 PM »
Is Netflix one of those things you have to pay for?
Yes, but my lovely niece has shared.  :D  You can get a basic Netflix package for £5.99 per month

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 14:39:08 PM »
I've watched 3 episodes and found something of interest in all of them, so thanks for the heads up @Efemera:)  I've watch Project Runway in the past but was very irritated by much of it and this one fortunately doesn't share the major irritations - not that I've seen so far.

Despite the tight time limits none of the garments seem to have gone up with unsightly unfinished elements, the focus isn't all on the emotional jeopardy of the process and the judges don't make 'clever' scathing comments or are generally discourteous to the struggling competitors. I like the fact that the judges are seen talking to the competitors giving positive but honest feedback afterwards and so far I've not seen too much bitching, in fact, the people going out have been either magnanimous or at least without verbal recrimination when the cause of their departure was obviously down to the misjudgement and/or pressure applied by their team mate.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

annieeg

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
Can't remember if it's on PRIME or NETFLIX but there's a new Heidi Klum/Tim Gunn series just released.

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 10:37:16 AM »
It's called 'Making the cut' and is on Amazon.