The Sewing Place

Thieves and Robbers!

wrenkins

Thieves and Robbers!
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:01:04 AM »
ASDA!

I get home delivery from Asda and have been quite happy with it until last week. I pay £2.50 for delivery and someone else, who knows where things are and doesn't do impulse buying, tramps up and down the aisles and does the 20 mile round trip to set the stuff in my kitchen. Brilliant!

However!!!!

Listen up!!!

Last week my brand of coffee was on offer for £4 so I ordered 3. £12. I placed my order on Tuesday, authorised the payment for that and the rest (~£63) and waited for Friday.  :)

On Thursday I remembered something else I needed and also received an email from Asda telling me that it wasn't too late to amend my order. Brilliant! On I went.

As I was perusing my trolley (already ordered remember) I noticed that my coffee had returned to it's normal price of £7.49 taking my price up to £22.47.

I had no notification, I no longer get a printed statement of my order and payment from the delivery man and I no longer have to sign the little machine at time of delivery so there is no way on earth for me to know that that had happened unless I booted up my laptop as chappy stood tapping his toes waiting to get on to his next delivery!

How many times has this happened on a smaller scale and I haven't noticed? I am outraged!

I had authorised the Payment of ~£63 and sometime thereafter Asda had gone to my account and taken another £14.36. As it just so happens that would also have overdrawn that particular account by a few pence!

When did the price increase happen? Did it happen ten minutes after I'd ordered or ten minutes before my order was delivered? Where is the cut off, why wasn't I informed and how can they just pinch money out of my account for their poxy price rises?!?!?!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 16:26:11 PM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

b15erk

Re: Thieves and Robbers!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 08:40:09 AM »
Outrageous!!

I hope a very stern email is planned.  That's just not on. I was considering starting to use Asda delivery again but this may make me think twice.

Keep us updated @wrenkins

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 08:57:08 AM »
That's definitely not how it works here - I've just checked my emails and credit card statement.

They send an email entitled "Your updated ASDA Groceries order" in the morning of the day of delivery which details any substitutions so you know to reject them when the order arrives.  The email also containts a full list of items ordered and a final total.  I don't know whether they would highlight any items whose price had changed, but they would certainly be listed at the price you were being charged in that email so they could be spotted.

They don't take any money until the day of delivery - presumably just after midnight - so you would be charged the full amount, but anything you reject when the delivery arrives is refunded the same day.  If you'd noticed and changed your mind before the delivery day you would never pay the higher price.

I don't like your method at all!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:37:02 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 09:01:32 AM »
I too am in agreement that a very stern email is required as soon as possible!

Go for it @wrenkins  ... Go Girl!

(We need a cheerleading smilie here)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:03:29 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 09:11:07 AM »
I have Tesco delivery. I hate their stores but I have to say that their delivery system is excellent. If something is on offer it clearly states on the item box what the end date of the offer is. If you go ahead and order that item it flashes a warning to tell you that the offer isn't valid with that delivery date. Payment isn't taken until the delivery has been made. If they have to substitute an item with a more expensive one you are not charged the difference.

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 09:11:42 AM »
Somewhere, I forget where, there is a disclaimer saying that the prices could change by the time the money is taken. Well, I'm aware of it with Tesco and Sainsbury's. You should still be told when it does, though.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Celia

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 09:24:44 AM »
I use Ocado and they never change the price once the order is placed but you do need to watch out because sometimes if there is a two for one offer or something like that if it is on a regular order you sometimes don’t get it. Overall they all excellent though

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 09:45:39 AM »
Just remembered one problem I did have with Tesco's offers. There was a special price offer for two items and I wanted three. I expected to get the offer for two of them and pay normal price for the other one but the system didn't seem to be able to cope with that. Even when I increased it to four it couldn't handle it. I ended up paying normal price.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »
I'd have thought you'd have good cause for complaint if they are treating you differently to the rest of the UK - do feel free to quote the way it happens for my Asda orders in your stern email.  If it makes any difference, our orders come from Swansea.

Ploshkin

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 12:09:54 PM »
There is something on Asda's checkout page which says that the prices charged will be what they are on the day of payment (or words to that effect).  I've used Asda for many years and its always been there.
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 12:59:22 PM »
You could be right @Ploshkin. I'm not much of a one for print of any size!  8) (Don't do much banking either  :S). If the payment isn't taken out until the day of delivery it would explain how I got caught in the price rise trap but I still wouldn't have known I'd paid so much for my coffee....of which I now have none!  ><  :o

I got a blah blah blah boiler plate reply soon followed by a survey asking how 'our team' did dealing with my query.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 13:58:37 PM »
No Coffee!!!!!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ploshkin

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 15:12:32 PM »
@wrenkins I've always thought it's a bit odd putting special offers that you may or may not get.  I don't tend to be tempted by offers, I just get what I need.  I've stuck with Asda because, for many years, they were the only company who would deliver out our way.  People from a nearby area who were outside their delivery range used to meet the Asdaman in a layby to get their shopping.  Also the Merthyr delivery men are lovely.
Life's too short for ironing.