The Sewing Place

sewingj

« on: May 02, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:58:30 AM by sewingj »

Efemera

Re: Anyone used Cashmerette patterns?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:27:27 AM »
I've heard lots of good things about them.. have a look at The Curvy Sewing Collective
http://curvysewingcollective.com
There's a FB group too
And
http://www.cashmerette.com

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
Yes. I've just recently sewn the Springfield and also sewn a toile of the Turner.

The draft is absolutely fantastic, can't say more than that. I have never had a toile fit so well out of the packet. I used the size 20 E/F top grading out to the 26 at the hips. Usually I end up making a 24 all-over and deal with big, loose shoulders. This is the first time I've had such a pleasant fit.

The Turner dress toile wasn't perfect however the adjustments I could recognise were all "me" adjustments anyway. E.g short waist, narrow shoulder, so not a fault of the pattern.

However I'm now a bit miffed with Cashmerette as I just had a conversation last night with Jenny about adding sleeves to the Springfield and was told "buy a cardigan". Seems her business manner is not as good as her draft.*

(*Cashmerette patterns are all professionally drafted, Jenny is just the designer)

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 09:23:56 AM »
I am smaller than Cashmerette's base size, but the patterns are well drafted and many of the dresses are lovely.  As ever, the outcome depends on choice of fabric and fitting.

I'm now a bit miffed with Cashmerette as I just had a conversation last night with Jenny about adding sleeves to the Springfield and was told "buy a cardigan".

>< that's her response to a customer query.  This could be a PR disaster if you were so minded.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:29:06 AM by UttaRetch »

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
>< that's her response to a customer query.  This could be a PR disaster if you were so minded.

Yep, so annoyed. I found it very rude. Granted, I was asking for something that is apparently not possible and I could tell she was at the end of her tether with me but what a rude response!

I'm now torn because I don't really want to give her more money but her pattern draft IS really good :(

sewingj

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 13:19:48 PM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:57:47 AM by sewingj »

DementedFairy

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 14:36:44 PM »
She sounds the same shape as me, poor girl lol
C'est moi!

Francesca

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 23:17:46 PM »
Jenny has said a new pattern is coming out next week. She shared a picture of the pallet and I am creepy so I took a zoomed in screenie.

Loose fit tee dress methinks?

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »
Sleeves for the Springfield top.  0_0  Sorry, I'll get me coat.

Francesca

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
Sleeves for the Springfield top.  0_0  Sorry, I'll get me coat.

:fish: :fish: :fish:

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
Three  :fish: is a bit harsh.  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »
Just two  :fish: :fish: then

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 11:21:05 AM »
 :fish: :fish: :fish:  Ahhh I've just noticed that the fish have arrived! I'll have mine fried in breadcrumbs with a side of northern guacamole - ooops I mean mushy peas - I was just having  a Peter Mandelson moment there.  :o  :fish:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Manuela

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 02:08:24 AM »
I have used Cashmerette patterns on two occasions with very good results, the first was the wrap dress (I think Appleton) for my stepdaughter, and without much tweaking it fitted like a dream. She she is a size 12 with an H cup, and was over the moon  with her dress. The other one was the basic knit top (Concord) for a plus size pupil (on my days off I teach sewing classes from home) and a huge success.
I agree with everyone about communicating with Jenny, it can be testing to say the least. I had an issue with overseas shipping, and got a faily rude reply (she did solve it in the end).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:01:53 AM by Manuela »

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 09:50:45 AM »
I get the impression that every time she gets a question she does this before she replies: