The Sewing Place

For Sale Hotfix rhinestone applicator Kandi Professional Touch

Sewingforfun

For Sale Hotfix rhinestone applicator Kandi Professional Touch
« on: February 02, 2020, 15:48:02 PM »
Kandi professional hotfix rhinestone applicator - comes with tips for SS 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 30 and 34, and 4mm and 9mm flat . Only the one for SS16 has been used, and then only a couple of times. Also has a wire brush. I've decided I just prefer glue!

£19.95 including postage (RRP£29.95)

Dancing too much and trying to remember sewing is for fun! Used to be CarolC.

b15erk

Re: For Sale Hotfix rhinestone applicator Kandi Professional Touch
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:33:47 AM »
Oh no!  Isn't that always the case!  I bought a new one only last week!

Hope you manage to sell it!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sewingforfun

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 15:55:23 PM »
Oh no!  Isn't that always the case!  I bought a new one only last week!

Hope you manage to sell it!

Jessie

0_0 0_0 Oh no, oh well. I wish you joy with it. Looking forward to seeing what you make. (and by the way, it it drives you mad or you wnat to change, it is possible to cold glue hotfix stones)
Dancing too much and trying to remember sewing is for fun! Used to be CarolC.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 23:47:39 PM »
(and by the way, it it drives you mad or you wnat to change, it is possible to cold glue hotfix stones)

You can, but don't use DSI glue with hotfix stones unless it's something that will never be washed. We've used GemTac on hotfix stones with a few losses if the leotard has accidentally gone through the machine on 40°C rather than the friendlier 30°.

I used DSI glue to put some hotfix leftovers onto a pair of Meryl leggings (for a flashy FitSteps Christmas workshop in Blackpool Tower) and when washed every single one fell off very neatly leaving their perfect little hotfix backing firmly adhered to the fabric.  They were the same stones that we'd previously used with GemTac so we're not sure why.

In all other regards we very much like the DSI glue though.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.