The Sewing Place

iana fabrics - pleased with this one

Greybird

iana fabrics - pleased with this one
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:27:37 PM »
I have just received a package from iana fabrics which is one of my favourite ebay shops. I did think they were going to disappear a while ago because there was nothing on their ebay listing but far from that they have included a leaflet for their new online store ianafabrics.com. I think the website is probably a work in progress but I shall keep looking. There was another leaflet for a sister company retail venue, Richmond Mill Fabric Shop at Unit 10d Richmond Mill, Richmond Road, Bradford BD7 1DL.
Too far away from me, but for anyone nearby that doesn't already know it, might be worth a look?
Edit to add: the leaflet says fabrics from 50p per metre.

The one I got is this which I am planning to make a jacket with:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Light-Bluish-Grey-Jacquard-Brocade-Damask-Print-Fabric-Dress-53-135cm-ART/202693833513?hash=item2f317e7329:m:mmuQLYnLoKwPoyjBOnC-GdQ
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:33:01 PM by Greybird »

Helen M

Re: iana fabrics - pleased with this one
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »
Thanks for this @Greybird ! Have just looked at the eBay site and some interesting pieces. I'll make a not of the other shop too as it may be worth a trip when the weather gets a bit warmer!

Your fabric looks lovely is it for a special occasion?
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 13:57:43 PM »
I wish @Helen M ! I think it's one of those that could be used generally but it would be nice if there was a special occasion I could wear it for!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 15:05:23 PM »
I have a special occasion suggestion. Why not wear it for a photo of a new avatar  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 15:19:02 PM »
But only if you're still raising a toast to us!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.