The Sewing Place

Important!!! Please Read!!!!!

maliw

Re: Important!!! Please Read!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 20:12:04 PM »
Just put in a request to FB too -Alison  with a red rose avatar.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Deafoldbat

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2020, 20:29:02 PM »
 :[ Don't do Faceache... Don't do Witter...   

Acorn

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2020, 20:30:24 PM »
You should be able to read Twitter without having to sign in or join.  We're not intending to make a habit of it!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2020, 21:00:05 PM »
... and we have a Twitter account - https://twitter.com/SewingPlace

I think it should be visible to everybody - I gave up on Twitter a while ago when it suddenly started to get complicated, but I think I can cope with this!

Thank you @Acorn . I'm not on twitplace but I do go to look at pages, mostly of a cynical political nature. Today has been marvelous there, but I digress.  :devil:

I've just had a brilliant idea. You know how much those can hurt!  :pin: Inspired by your newly minted Faceache and twitplace accounts, perhaps consider an official The Sewing Place Instagram account? I'm not an Instaperson but might join for that. Peeps could post photos of their makes with a #SewingPlace hash tag there as well as here. I bet some new people who don't know about us might discover us that way. On days I just don't find time to scroll through posts I could still take a quick peek at photos.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lilian

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2020, 22:14:39 PM »
I am so glad I came on here tonight (I've been away on holiday) and only back this week.  Thanks for the info, I am on twitter so can follow there.  Many thanks to the admin team for keeping us up and running  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Sewingsue

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 22:20:57 PM »
Just put in my FB application.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Tim Sr

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 22:43:35 PM »
I too must say how much I appreciate all the hard work being done by @Iminei @Acorn @Allothermoderators,IT,behindthescenes people for this lovely place. I will attempt to not have a full breakdown during the transition, although that is not guaranteed. Requests for FB & Twitter sent

Tim
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

Ellabella

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2020, 22:44:11 PM »
Never thought I’d join Twitter!

wrenkins

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2020, 08:08:14 AM »
Me too @Ellabella. What even is it?!?!?!?! :o
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

StitchinTime

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2020, 08:14:54 AM »
The news on Twitter about The Sewing Place can be viewed without joining Twitter - just use a web browser to view https://twitter.com/sewingplace

Flobear

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 08:50:27 AM »
Good luck with the move @Acorn and @Iminei . Hope the removal lorries are packed, the removal men & women are in a good mood, the traffic is light and nothing gets broken when unloading  :D
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Acorn

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 09:06:46 AM »
That sounds a lot like one of those Irish Blessings.

Once I've done the Stuff That Needs Doing (I have a list - one thing has already been crossed off) I'm going to spend a lot of time today sitting with my laptop, hitting the refresh button.  This means:

Daytime TV
Facebook Games
Online Shopping
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tim Sr

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2020, 09:48:09 AM »
3:45 AM Sending as many positive thoughts across the pond @Acorn
See you on the other side...

Tim
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

Ann

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2020, 17:16:51 PM »
Thank you for everything you do. I have joined the FB group and it's pending. Following you on Twitter also.

Ann
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2020, 17:18:48 PM »
I just got up, 9:15 AM here, but 5:15 for you lot,. Are we moved? Delayed? Did I sleep through everything?
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.