The Sewing Place

Important!!! Please Read!!!!!

Acorn

Important!!! Please Read!!!!!
« on: February 05, 2020, 10:52:12 AM »
We are moving to a new webhost.

Iminei and I have started the process today, and it should be complete by the end of the week.

At some point - probably tomorrow - I will have to put the site into 'maintenance mode' while the servers all around the world get updated with our new details.  This means that you won't be able to access the site until it has propagated to your server.  This should only take an hour or so, although in theory it could take 24 hours for some servers.

Don't panic!  We are not going anywhere, just moving house.

If you think it has been too long, clear your cache (control/shift/delete) and refresh your browser.  If that doesn't help, email us at iminei@thesewingplace.org.uk or acorn@thesewingplace.org.uk - but please do give it time first.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Elnnina

Re: Important!!! Please Read!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
i will try and be patient - good excuse for me to start getting my sewing room back to working space  since other things got dumped in here for Christmas and 'jigsaw fest'.

By the way thank you both - Imi and Acorn for all that you do for us, it is much appreciated, what would we do without you.

Get well soon Acorn.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
I've taken a photo of this post so's I've got your email address  ;)

Thanks for all the good work ladies
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 12:00:46 PM »
Thank you for doing all this hard work. We probably don't know half of what you do behind the scenes, but I for one am jolly grateful.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 12:05:44 PM »
Thank you girls.
I don't understand what you are doing, but I am very glad you do  <3
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
Thank you!

I’d be lost without TSP, and appreciate all that you both do.

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
Thanks acorn and iminei, hope it all goes smoothly.
Still learning

KayK

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 12:31:00 PM »
Thank you indeed!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Ploshkin

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 12:37:44 PM »
Many thanks for letting us know.  I shall await propagation to my server with bated breath!  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 12:44:47 PM »
Thanks from me too.  I too have no idea about propagation or moving servers and it all sounds very complicated so I hope it goes smoothly xx

Ivydene

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 13:12:05 PM »
Thanks to both of you from me too.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 13:29:19 PM »
But what will I do while I can't access TSP?? :'( :'( :'( I cleared all my cache this morning: purse is EMPTY!

Seriously though, thank you both for the time and effort you put into the forum.  I, like many others, would be totally lost without you and the forum :loveit:

jintie

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 13:52:15 PM »
Thanks so much
Rottweiler with scissors

StitchinTime

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 13:54:33 PM »
Thank you for sorting this and I hope it all goes smoothly otherwise I could end up having to do some work instead of spending time here and that would never do  :o

Is there any system in place for posting updates about the process should it take longer than expected?  For example, I think people could view a Twitter account using a web browser without having to sign up to Twitter.

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 13:55:45 PM »
I used to do this kind of thing at work so I know how hard/frustrating it can be at times. :S Thanks for everything you do. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath