The Sewing Place

Important!!! Please Read!!!!!

Acorn

Re: Important!!! Please Read!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 17:23:54 PM »
You did, you lucky thing!

We are still in the same place.  I did my bit with no problems, but the new host discovered - eventually - that because of the way the forum software was originally set up they could not display it correctly.  It's taken the entire day to find that we were on a hiding to nothing.

I have to say that they are right, the coding is very odd in places.

At least I can take some codeine for my headache and earache now that my brain is no longer required to function properly...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 17:26:17 PM »
Oh dear @Acorn sounds like one big headache of a day  :angry:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 17:31:53 PM »
I just remembered when Stitchers Guild migrated they had a dreadful time getting placed onto the new server. They also use SMF. Julie had backups of everything and was able to create an archive site with the old posts, read only, but eventually had to start a new active forum. It was part SMF problems, part the new people she'd gone to. Hope you have better luck!
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewingsue

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 17:34:55 PM »
Off you go and look after yourself, @Acorn
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Ellabella

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 18:33:58 PM »
@Acorn do have a rest. Hopefully there will be no TSP birthdays for a few days.  Making all those cakes must take up a lot of your time.

So Chic

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 18:37:58 PM »
@Iminei and @Acorn    Thank you both for getting this changeover done quickly and smoothly.  The only query I have is will it be necessary to join Facebook or can I carry on ignoring FB?
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Kenora

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 18:38:22 PM »
@Acorn - I do hope your headache improves. I know only too well what it's like, trying to concentrate on something when your head is pounding - it makes the brain go to mush, especially if you know other people are depending on you doing your "job" properly. You deserve a rest and some peace and quiet.  <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 18:51:46 PM »
To be Clear Folks

We have not (yet) migrated to the new host.....

Acorn and I will recoup sometime in the next week to reconsider our options.

We are all back in our old home ... you know the one, with the pencil marks on the kitchen door frames that showed us how we've grown, with that splotch on the wall by the fridge where @Lowena  fell and spilled her fifth cup of coffee and that embarrassing stain on the carpet in the hall where ... well you know what happened there!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 18:56:48 PM »
Sshhhhh!   :|

It was lovely to get back to the old place this afternoon...

I will just add that Iminei and I carried out our parts perfectly, but the prospective host and the forum software were unable to agree with each other.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 19:04:02 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 19:03:31 PM »
Thanks @Iminei  and @Acorn for your hard work, I can remember this sort of experience in my work in the NHS, very nerve wracking. It'll be OK .
Still learning

BrendaP

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 19:37:01 PM »
No wonder @Acorn  has a headache.   :S
Methinks that both you and @Iminei deserve a nice  :drink: :drink:  it lools as though you will both have to stay sober to sort out OptionB.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

UttaRetch

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 20:50:34 PM »
@Renegade Sewist: I finally quite a forum that moved from Lithium to Flarum.  I really tried to make the transition, but a lot of functionality was lost and I was tied of the same old stale arguments anyway.

Tim Sr

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 21:18:31 PM »
I wish to propose a round of applause and many cheers to @Iminei & @Acorn for making sure that we still have a working forum after a failed migration. This shows just how lucky all of users and members are to have them at our side.
BRAVO!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Tim
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

Surest1tch

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 21:28:04 PM »

Tamnymore

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 21:49:40 PM »
Thank you @Iminei and @Acorn for all your hard work. Glad we're all still here.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde