The Sewing Place

TSP's Spring Equinox Swap

Sheilago

Re: TSP's Spring Equinox Swap
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2020, 09:31:28 AM »
Many thanks @Lisalou1965:hug: My beautiful mug rug arrived in time for my breakfast cup of tea! It is absolutely lovely, expertly made and such cheerful sunny colours. A lovely surprise on such a strange morning, which has also been brightened by the birth of a friend’s grandson in Australia!   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lisalou1965

« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:59 AM »
I am so glad that arrived - and not as late as I feared. I am delighted that you like it, it was fun to make. As for expertly made....I think you are very generous in your praise!

Lx
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Iminei

« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2020, 13:20:55 PM »
Wonderful!!!

TSP's 2020 Spring Equinox Mug Rug Swap

And that's a Wrap Folks, Give yourselves a round of applause!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Greybird

« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2020, 15:27:33 PM »
They are all, without exception, very beautiful!

Sheilago

« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2020, 22:18:14 PM »
Had a go tonight at making a daffodil like @Lilian ’s mug rug as Lilian kindly gave me a link to the pattern. My first attempt at paper pieced patchwork. Not quite as perfect as Lilian’s : I found it difficult to keep it square as it fitted together, but I managed to sort of even it up at the end. It still needs a good iron. Might give it to my mother when I next take her a food delivery. :D

Lilian

« Reply #290 on: April 05, 2020, 22:31:28 PM »
That's really nice @Sheilago it is not a difficult pattern, I am so glad you wanted to try it, I take it as a compliment  :) :vintage:  I did add a small amount to the right of the flower just to balance it off a bit.  Thank you  :flower:  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Sheilago

« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2020, 20:53:30 PM »
Getting carried away with these mug rugs! Tried to come up with a quicker pieced one, much as I loved the daffodil , so I could give them as distanced Easter greetings to family that I’d normally be having  Easter Sunday dinner with. I’ll just leave them on the doorstep in a little bag and they can wash them if they want to be extra careful.

Ellabella

« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2020, 21:14:38 PM »
So pretty

Lilian

« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2020, 21:55:00 PM »
It is obviously very addictive @Sheilago the are lovely  :flower:  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2020, 08:14:19 AM »
Wonderful @Sheilago  .... You'll be thinking about designs for the Autumn swap then ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again