You do lovely work.

Nevis5

Re: Butterick Nightie - Overkill?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 09:24:36 AM »
Wow what a lucky friend!  It's so glamorous, @b15erk   !  She will love it x

Gernella

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 10:16:07 AM »
It's lovely @b15erk what you've got to remember is they look so much better with a body in them.  She will love it. <3
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 10:28:15 AM »
Thank you all so much for the lovely words.  The lace I added was to the hem, as it looked a little plain without it.  The patern includes the back lace insert.

I made my friend one of the Vogue Kimonos a few months ago, and I thought this may go with it nicely.  We will be with them for a few days, with an option of extending our trip - I'm just a free spirit me!  :laughing:  We're not staying with them - I wouldn't inflict us on anyone, but just across the road from them in a small hotel, so that will be interesting!

I will now go and run the overlocker over the hem, and I'm done - although I may make a small gift bag...  :rolleyes:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 12:46:39 PM »
All finished and ready to take to my lovely friend.  Overlocking, and final press made a difference, and the gift bag was just a very simple drawstring.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 12:59:09 PM »
Ooh the bag is a lovely idea.  Makes it very posh!

Ellabella

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 13:35:24 PM »
Oh @b15erk thats absolutely lovely. I’m sure your friend wii be delighted.

realale

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 16:03:46 PM »
What a super idea to make the bag. That makes it an especially thoughtful gift. I'm sure your friend will be delighted.  :perfect10:
So many beers, so little time.

Diane

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 17:04:05 PM »
Lovely addition the bag, really adds to the gift, I'm sure your friend will love it
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Ouryve

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2022, 19:24:28 PM »
That is beautiful, @b15erk. Your sewing is what mine wants to be when it grows up  :love:
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"