The Sewing Place

Pauline Alice Quart Coat

dolcevita

Re: Pauline Alice Quart Coat
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2020, 14:27:21 PM »
Well done, Jessie, a lovely coat! It looks great on you, too - always an added bonus!!!

I'm not surprised you lost interest earlier in the year, it was far too hot to even think about sewing a coat, but it's ready in time to get plenty of wear now.

SkoutSews

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2020, 14:33:17 PM »
Oh, very nice indeed! The pleats add style. It's well worth the effort for such a great result.

UttaRetch

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2020, 15:12:21 PM »
Pictures are pretty poor - I'm a lousy photographer.

What I can see looks fab.  Any chance of getting the hubby to take a couple of snaps?

Elnnina

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2020, 15:50:59 PM »
Oh Jessie that looks so lovely and warm, deep down I think you are secretly pleased with this, now wear it with pride this winter once we can get outside again.  Very well done.

Puzzler

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2020, 18:26:47 PM »
What a cute coat! You wear it well.

Silver Rose

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2020, 07:17:30 AM »
Lovely coat, it looks very cosy and warm, enjoy wearing it.
Still learning

Kenora

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2020, 19:17:38 PM »
Just catching up. That's a gorgeous coat and looks super on you.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Tamnymore

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2020, 20:32:27 PM »
Fabulous coat @b15erk . Looks great on you.  <3
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

CCL

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2021, 17:20:19 PM »
@b15erk  - Just saw this - your coat is fabulous - read through all your trials and tribulations and admire your perservence.  Surely paid off in a gorgeous piece.
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

b15erk

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2021, 19:58:06 PM »
@CCL , thank you so much!  I have to say, I like it very much, it's a lovely warm coat.

I'm thinking about a short version, without the pleats.

Jessie
  • CCL likes this
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Gernella

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2021, 21:52:35 PM »

I do like those pleats though... ;)

Jessie
    I'm not keen on the pleats but I do like the coat @b15erk .   
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

b15erk

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2021, 10:33:43 AM »
@Gernella , I wasn't sure about the pleats at first, but I am pleased with how they look now.  I saw lots of pics where the pleats stuck out, which wasn't a good look, so when I did mine, I tacked them down, pressed them to within an inch of their life, left the tacks in and clipped them down at the bottom.

They sit quite nicely now... :laughing:

I quite fancy a short version though.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2022, 08:29:11 AM »
I'm reviving this topic, as I've found the short version of the coat which I cut out weeks ago, and promptly forgot about!  I was getting ready to cut out the Burda Jacket,  and tidying up a bit, when it turned up!

So, I spent ages either side of my hair appointment, fusing and sorting out pattern pieces.  All is ready now, and I'm doing my version of pad stitching on the front and back stays.

This project will fit in well, as I have a VAT Return to get ready, so I can work on it between VAT sessions.

I hope to have some pics very soon!

Jessie