The Sewing Place

Hacked SA Adeline

snoozi soozi

Hacked SA Adeline
« on: February 13, 2020, 15:09:46 PM »
Another SA Adeline dress shortened in length with a round neck rather than a V neck. Has everybody got one pattern that makes them wish they hadn't spent ££££'s on buying all the others that are hardly used?

Don't know what the fabric is, it's a remnant from Croft Mill purchased last year, but it was awkward to work with. It has a slight stretch but not enough to make me want to tear my hair out. It is quite heavy and hangs really nicely.

I stitched buttons on the pockets purely for cosmetic value, oh and the pockets are skew-wiff, of course, tis moi  :P

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Puzzler

Re: Hacked SA Adeline
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 16:34:23 PM »
Nice! I have this pattern and made the dress without hacks. I used a drapey viscose. DD2 said it looks like a hospital gown so I never wore it.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 16:51:52 PM »
Oh dear, but it's not my thing either.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 16:58:38 PM »
@Puzzler, I think a plain fabric wouldn't work, so far I've used a leaf-printed linen and a plaid brushed cotton. I once made a dress - not this one - in a plain green and felt like a paramedic so that was never worn  :S
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

mudcat

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 02:52:45 AM »
I like it. Nice.  I have this pattern too but have yet to make it.  If I ever do I can see myself rounding the neck as well.

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 08:10:55 AM »
I've made it too, in an olive green linen and never worn it.  I like the idea but the look on me is, well, just meh.  I might have another try in something more drapey though.