The Sewing Place

Saturday 15th February

Stitches

Saturday 15th February
« on: February 15, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »
Morning.just getting light been raining .Sewing group this afternoon ,hope to start my new quilt

Lowena

Re: Saturday 15th February
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 07:03:10 AM »
My baby is 44 today :S
Missing sewing group as it's a bit far to pop back for  :D
35c and sunny.Off to liquidlunch in a minute.
Big wedding here yesterday with a lovely firework display
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:15:34 AM »
Morning!  waiting for the storm to hit here.  We have visitors arriving in a couple of hours' time, don't think anything much will be on the cards for going out anywhere though. 

DD arrives tomorrow night so a lot of washing and ironing will have to happen before then at some point. 

Just off for a shower then time to wake up the hoover and give the floors a birthday polish.

Have a good Saturday everyone.  Hope we all survive Dennis! x

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 08:46:02 AM »
Good morning.  I haven’t slept well but I had some online training to do.  I got 100%.  Not bad for 2am.

Am going out for a birthday linner/ dunch.  We can’t go earlier due to DS1’s driving lesson.

Have a good day, all.  Stay safe.

justpottering

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 08:49:10 AM »
Morning everyone Denis the menace has brought Gnasher with him here  :S it’s blowing a hoolie and then some!

Today I shall be pottering about the house doing this and that then go to play in the sewing room to get away from DH moping around because he can’t get out to build the new greenhouse, bless him he gets stir crazy if he can’t get out  0_0

I didn’t sleep well had lots of strange dreams and woke with a headache  :(

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:49:25 AM »
Morning all!

Well done Pearl! That’s impressive especially given the time.  8)

Yuck, Storm Dennis has arrived and it’s very wet and very windy here. The wheel barrow where I empty the chicken poo from the coops in the morning blew over but luckily, I’d emptied it yesterday so there wasn’t much to slop out. One of the coop trays went flying down the yard so I had to give chase. That was fun!  :S

On a brighter note, my hastily sewn replacement zip worked a treat on my jacket and kept me dry. It’s been bust for weeks but I’d been managing as I only use the jacket for mucky jobs outside during winter. I’d been toying with sewing Velcro on it as I’ve never replaced a zip before but I cut out the old one to save time. I should have washed it first though because bits of dust and straw we’re all over my sewing machine and table when I’d finished. I’ll remember that for another time!   :(

Take care if you live in the path of the storm. It feels worse than Ciara, I think.

Another bright note, my new Brother basic Overlocker arrived the other day and I’ve already made a sewing machine mat and a doo da for holding the tv remotes in. I’ve been watching YouTube tutorials by Abi’s den. She’s very good and she covers basic stuff for beginners and shows you your sewing machine naked and how each bit works plus gives basic servicing guidance for your machines too. I like her straightforward approach.

https://youtu.be/I6X398DlDUQ

Sewingsue

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »
Morning
we have had some rain and it's a bit windy, but I think (hope) that we are going to be on the edge of Dennis. Stay safe the rest of you.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 09:13:48 AM »
Blowing a gale here, but not raining - yet.

I may have a lazy day today, yesterday got a bit busy.  I finished the hem on the footstool cover, then vacuumed and steam mopped the kitchen, little hall, and porch/utility.  The dogs had a walk in the afternoon, then I made a cover for one of my knitting machines.
Postiepants may bring fabric for more baby coats today, so I could be sewing after all.  If he doesn't I need to spend some time playing with my Passap knitting machine, trying to get used to how it works,  In some ways, I wish I'd never bought the thing, it's now yet another thing I need to find time to use  :S

Pearl

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 09:30:39 AM »

I didn’t sleep well had lots of strange dreams

That reminds me, @justpottering , in my dream I made a quilt for the Project Linus challenge.  Unfortunately, when I woke, I hadn’t.

justpottering

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
 0_0 bummer @Pearl
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »
Morning all.  Windy but dry here so far.  The rain is due to hit here about midday just as DH will be walking to the footie ground!   Ah well, his choice. So I have a free afternoon. 

Dinner is all prepped and I’ve done tomorrow’s too as Dh will be out all day at a bowls tournament.  Weekend to myself really.  Bit different to yesterday as DS and DIL are down for the weekend and came yesterday afternoon.  Grandson, almost 3,  took me on a tour of my house telling me everything in all the rooms.  In the bathrooms he explained that when you turn the tap on water comes out.  He'd make a good estate agent!   

Have a good day all, stay safe and dry. 

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 10:37:13 AM »
Damp and mild here, rain on the way and it is blowing a gale already and set to get worse so the Orwell Bridge will be closed. Traffic chaos will ensue and Ipswich Town FC are at home so the visiting fans will have problems. A quick trip to the local ASDA for groceries later and stay put is the order of the day,I should be able to finish cutting out my cape lining, I could only do a bit yesterday as my back was stiff even after a swim. I am still stiff this morning and I've done 2 lots of stretches already. I'm going to make an almond and cranberry cake shortly. Have a good day and stay safe.
Still learning

Puzzler

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »
That reminds me, @justpottering , in my dream I made a quilt for the Project Linus challenge.  Unfortunately, when I woke, I hadn’t.

0_0 0_0 0_0

Ann

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
Flipping cold here at -21C. Don't know where that came from but it was forecasted earlier this week to arrive last night.

Today I'll do some housework and then sew. I was going to go to the city to shop but it is too cold. I'll shop locally and do the city shopping on Monday when it is warmer.

Have a great day and stay safe.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 10.6 metres

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »
Dennis is still here! It's dark, lashing down with rain and the wind is thrashing all the trees around. The garden is taking a hammering, and so soon after the previous storm. :devil:

Woke with a pounding headache again so not doing much this morning. DH has been cleaning the tops of the kitchen blinds and cupboards, which is great except he keeps finding things in the cupboards which he's handing to me for washing! :\

Managed to calibrate my large hoops yesterday after doing a firmware update on my machine. Also played with the new magnetic hoop - it's going to be excellent for quilting. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath