The Sewing Place

Made myself a coat!

Gernella

Re: Made myself a coat!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 11:29:33 AM »
Lovely job, and I don't blame you about the bagging.  Only thing I ever did with success was a  waistcoat, which I only wore once.

Great job, and you like it, you can tell from the chuffed look on your face. <3
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 13:15:59 PM »
A coat is not a light undertaking @Kittensposies, so well done for having a go.  I don't bag hems and prefer a finished 'free hang'.

Ellabella

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 13:20:07 PM »
Well done, very satisfactory outcome.

So Chic

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 13:55:41 PM »
@Kittensposies - looks great and I think you're very brave tackling a coat.  The only one I ever tried I found I didn't have enough fabric to finish it and, as I had bought a roll end, couldn't get any more.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Kenora

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 14:05:51 PM »
Well done! Great colour and love the lining. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

SkoutSews

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 15:46:59 PM »
Very successful! The colours look great too.

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 16:30:26 PM »
WOW!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 10:24:01 AM »
You clever thing you!  It looks lovely on you. @Kittensposies

What's next?  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 21:34:10 PM »
That looks gorgeous on you. Fabulous colour choice.

I think you’re very talented.  :thread:  :)

Helen M

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 23:32:09 PM »
Well done, you look great in it!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Kittensposies

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2020, 20:24:51 PM »
Thank you SO much everyone!! I am sitting here blushing!! I am very proud of myself, not so much for the sewing part but for the perseverance part... I had to do this in lots of 30-40 minute-per-evening slots after we’d put the toddler to bed and before I fell over from tiredness myself.

The coat fabric and lining are both from Fabworks I think - I bought online but definitely fancy a trip there in person sometime!

I’m really enjoying wearing my coat, it is so nice to have one with long enough sleeves (I’m 6 foot tall!) and where the waist isn’t at my bra line!

Next on the cutting table is a two-piece swimsuit for our Center Parcs trip at the end of next month... another thing that is really hard for tall people to buy, so I’m hoping I can do better than the high street. I’ve made knickers before so I’m going to use that pattern for the bottoms, and have bought a sports bra pattern for the top. Will be fabric hunting this weekend!

P.S. Sorry for my tardy reply ... I had a horribly busy few days at work after posting this!

Tamnymore

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2020, 20:45:57 PM »
Fabulous coat @Kittensposies . And yes you do deserve a trip to Fabworks in person.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

blackcat001

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 08:10:29 AM »
I say! Well done!