The Sewing Place

Finished a cardigan

Ploshkin

Finished a cardigan
« on: February 21, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
This is a bit outside my comfort zone for style but I think I like it and it is very comfortable I wasn't sure about the double breasted look.  The pattern is from Olive Knits and is knitted in one piece - not a seam in sight  :)  The collar looks ok down flat but to have it up I need to put a small hook or something at the neckline.
I used Drops Nepal (Aran weight) and it was easy to knit.  I would have preferred better instructions for placing the buttonholes rather than 'every 2 1/2 to 3 inches'  Because it is knitted top down I had committed myself before I decided that it was going to make the thing too long if I had 7 buttons or too short with 6.  So as it has a deep rib I did the bottom ones closer together to hopefully look deliberate.  The pairs of buttons are all carefully measured, it must be the way I'm standing that makes them look out of line!
The colour is actually a nice red leaning very, very slightly towards the rusty end of the spectrum.  I had to use a flash in the low light which has made it rather orangey.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:50:41 AM by Ploshkin »
Life's too short for ironing.

Ellabella

Re: Finished a cardigan
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:49:27 AM »
Very nice @Ploshkin l think that double breasted look makes it look very high end.

twopence

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:53:52 AM »
It looks lovely @Ploshkin very cosy.

Elnnina

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »
Nice and cosy particularly at this time with all the awful weather we have had, and you more than most.  So keep warm and enjoy your lovely new cardigan.

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
That is lovely, I'm tempted to get out the knitting needles after I don't know how long!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
Lovely!

Flobear

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 13:44:42 PM »
Fab cardi @Ploshkin . Was a bit surprised at the orange but can understand how the camera lies.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Kenora

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 13:53:35 PM »
You've knitted it beautifully, and it looks very warm. It's strange, isn't it, that no matter how much attention we pay to getting the buttons in line - they always look lopsided.  :S It's gorgeous though.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

SkoutSews

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 17:09:08 PM »
Gorgeous cosy cardy! Lovely even knitting, I am in awe of those who can knit like that. The deep ribbing on cuffs and hem, and the collar, are the features I like.

Vezelay

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 17:49:38 PM »
You know what? That makes me want to take up knitting :wool:. Clever Ploshkin.