The Sewing Place

[SOLVED] Display of posts

So Chic

[SOLVED] Display of posts
« on: May 03, 2017, 15:42:49 PM »
Help - the way posts are displayed has gone haywire.  Some are by the side of the avator and some are below.  I would prefer the former as it means less scrolling up and down.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:35:58 AM by Francesca »
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Francesca

Re: Display of posts
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 15:59:50 PM »
Help - the way posts are displayed has gone haywire.  Some are by the side of the avator and some are below.  I would prefer the former as it means less scrolling up and down.

Can you provide a screenshot?

Morgan

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 16:27:56 PM »

Whilst holding down the CTRL key press the - key to shrink the display to fit your screen or + key to enlarge it.
Sometimes that can shift the display around.

Alternatively, choose a different display theme?

Click on PROFILE
then  click on MODIFY PROFILE
next select Layout

Choose the display theme you want - eg. Default (Reseller), Core Theme or My Community
Then select the display options you prefer
To save click on CHANGE PROFILE

To have the minimum of scrolling, my choice is Core Theme and don't display avatars etc so that the screen display is as simple and uncluttered as possible.  It's the same as the theme on Stitcher's Guild / Artisan's Square
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 16:32:58 PM by Morgan »

So Chic

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 15:02:11 PM »
Morgan,

Thanks for your help which has solved the problem. :toast:
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 15:42:06 PM »
It would still be good if you could let us know how the site looks for you in case others are experiencing the same issues. Also please bear in mind that the Curve theme is not supported by us and therefore could have problems that we won't address.

So Chic

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 16:05:48 PM »
Francesca,

The posts look alright to me except that there are no avatars displayed but that does not bother me.  I will bear in what you say about not being supported if I have any problems in the future and thanks for your advice.
So Chic